Dash/Windshield Glare
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dash/Windshield Glare within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, need some help, searched for a bit and couldnt find a thread for this. I am getting really ...

Dash/Windshield Glare

Hey guys, need some help, searched for a bit and couldnt find a thread for this.

I am getting really bad glare on the windshield driving during the day. My dash is armoralled for protection against the sun, but the glare is driving me nuts.

I know the SWRT uses a felt dash that prevents glare. Is there anything availible to remedy this? Any help is of course appreciated!

thanks
    jonathan
    "Women: Shopping, Hair, Diets. What's the mystery? - AC Slater (Saved by the Bell)

#102 - BugEye Mafia - "Cabana Boy"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I was in Az everyone i know had a dash mat, which was basically a matching carpeted pad to reduce or eliminate the glare on those lovely 115 degree days hahahah..i would call the dealer and see if they have any depending on you location and if you are on the east coast check online or call a fla or az/ca etc dealership and im sure they would have them and then just have it shipped to you
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

much appreciated, i will talk to the dealership.
    thanks
    "Women: Shopping, Hair, Diets. What's the mystery? - AC Slater (Saved by the Bell)

I Support ClubWRX
    Polarized sunglasses will eliminate most or all of the glare. Lets you see better while driving too.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I too am a fan of polarized sunglasses!! Looks better than a dash matt too.

still get glare at night from passing under streetlamps. and sunglasses are hard...i wear glasses already...i guess i can look for some polarized clip ons maybe.

Throw away the armorall and use the cali car duster on the interior too.

Works great for me.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

Quote Originally Posted by jrskeen View Post
    still get glare at night from passing under streetlamps. and sunglasses are hard...i wear glasses already...i guess i can look for some polarized clip ons maybe.
    Get some contacts...
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

I don't know if this will help or not, but Meguiar's makes an interior detail product. It cleans and protects, but doesn't leave any shine. I use it on both my cars, and while you still will have some glare (my 06 does, but I assume its the dash color) it is worlds better than armor all.
    You can pick it up at any auto parts store.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hotelprowrx View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not, but Meguiar's makes an interior detail product. It cleans and protects, but doesn't leave any shine. I use it on both my cars, and while you still will have some glare (my 06 does, but I assume its the dash color) it is worlds better than armor all.
    You can pick it up at any auto parts store.
    Armor All is an old product that does not do nearly as well as others.

My preference? A slightly damp towl to dust on car wash day. No glare.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

You can always take the dash out and flock it...
    Bugeye Mafia #63

If you have started using Armor All you have to keep using it to keep your dash from cracking. It shines things up, but is so aromatic that it leaches the plasticizers out.

Armor All also will fog up your windows. The chemicals that leach out are airborne and they condense on the windows.

I will not let it near my car.

Sorry, you are doomed.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.