06 TR headrests (adjustable)...what else will fit? NEED PIX!!

This is a discussion on 06 TR headrests (adjustable)...what else will fit? NEED PIX!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok title says most.... The headrests in the 06 TR are absolutly horrible...They are way too big...they are silver when ...

Banned

06 TR headrests (adjustable)...what else will fit? NEED PIX!!

Ok title says most....

The headrests in the 06 TR are absolutly horrible...They are way too big...they are silver when they should be black to match the flow the seat..they hit my neck wrong and I'm tired of it.....

I'd like to know which MY imprezas have had adjustable headrests (the ones that slide right out) and see some pix....Looking really for black only.....

Im not above modding mine (I'd like them smaller and more contured to hit the base of my neck), but I dont want them to be silver and I wouldnt know where to get a suitable material that would match to my a/r personality.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    as best as I can find...this is the closest thing as to what I have in mind....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-97...spagenameZWDVW

the back set rest to an SVX....

I know that all of the 2.5RS's 2002 and up use that headrest, although I don't know if it is smaller or not. Maybe you can find someone with an 06 (not tr obviously) doing an sti swap. The seats are uber comfortable in my opinion.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

The seats are decent, but I'm looking to get rid of mine as well. I'd rather a one piece seat. Looking for some Brides or Recaros. The Evo Recaros go for pretty cheap, $600 for the pair, and are great seats.
    2006 WRX TR

^ on ebay?

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to Cockpit and Cabin.

My '02 headrest seems fine for me, but I'm only 5'8". Don't know anything about the '06 headrests, sorry.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    im probably going to keep an eye out for a set of 06's on ebay (crossing fingers), or a set of 02's as well...

so long as I can find a suitable material, Ill just fab something up........I do work with composites and turfing/covering all the time on

<-------------------

so, any other model year that should fit directly?

I do like the STi seats as well, but..I wont put anything in my wrx that says STi on it...
    Last edited by Idok; 12-04-2006 at 07:33 AM.

look far an 04/05 wrx/sti seats..they all came with the 1 piece seat which are very comfortable and actually give access for harnesses if you wanted to go all out
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?