Factory Column boost gauge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Factory Column boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Someone tell me if the factory boost gauge on the steering column is accurate and of good quality. Future mods ...

Factory Column boost gauge

Someone tell me if the factory boost gauge on the steering column is accurate and of good quality. Future mods I plan are in need of an accurate boost gauge and I have the factory one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the factory column mounted boost gauge and recently replaced it with a pillar mounted apexi boost gauge because I found the placement of the gauge in front of the tachometer distracting when trying to shift. I have a greddy profec B to set boost at 15psi and both meters register the same max boost. Just my observation, not very scientific though, hope this helps.

yeah it does help thank you. The placement of the gauge hasn't bothered me. Maybe I'll replace it in the future but I'd rather put my funds towards other things first.

where can i get the factory boost gauge cheap?

I didnt get one from the dealership because i knew they would screw me on the price. I am guessing aftermarket venders sell one?

SubaruParts.com has one for $189.87... I'd suggest getting a nice aftermarket one as the one from the factory doesn't look too accurate. Here's the link: http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=173

My understanding is that it is accurate.......but much slower to respond than a good aftermarket one.
    Ive replaed mine with a Defi A-pillar mounted and i can verify that the Defi registers change quicker. FWIW.....
    DML

I would like to suggest getting the Autometer one with an Autometer cup- it'll run you about 75 bucks shipped for both and it's easy to install- plus it's more accurate than the stock guage and reads in PSI of boost, not the ultra gay BAR that they use overseas. Just some advice- cheaper, better looking, more reliable- I have one in my wagon.

Originally posted by the_goat
    SubaruParts.com has one for $189.87... I'd suggest getting a nice aftermarket one as the one from the factory doesn't look too accurate. Here's the link: http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=173
    what's your basis for that? the "Factory" gauge isn't even made by subaru. i own it and have no reason to believe it is inaccurate. my readings fall perfectly in line with every one elses.

dR

ok, well do you have any idea if the factory gauge is sufficient for tuning purposes, IE manual boost control?

Originally posted by ReXoRaMa
    ok, well do you have any idea if the factory gauge is sufficient for tuning purposes, IE manual boost control?
    The factory one will suffice. It's accurate enough for a boost controller. It's not like it came off a APC shelf in Pep Boys. It's decent quality. If you want a really accuarte guage go electronic. I have both the factory guage and a digital one that came with my Blitz Turbo Timer. And they both work in nice syncronization (speeling?).

My $0.02...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.