How to reduce outside noise - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on How to reduce outside noise within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just read my earlier post - "I will never use anything by Raamat" SHOULD have read "I will never use ...

Just read my earlier post - "I will never use anything by Raamat" SHOULD have read "I will never use anything BUT Raamat". Oops.

The fatmat stuff does look pretty good, and if it is butyl rubber based it seems to be the same thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tshrey View Post
    Just read my earlier post - "I will never use anything by Raamat" SHOULD have read "I will never use anything BUT Raamat". Oops.

The fatmat stuff does look pretty good, and if it is butyl rubber based it seems to be the same thing.
    It worked well for me, but you are right about most of the crap brands, there are others on ebay that just look and sound too good to be true. I have heard that some of it is junk and will fall off and even worse not stick to begin with. But I'll back the fatmat product and say it worked well for me.

Either product should help the OP out, the stuff works great for drowning highway noise and exhaust drone if you have aftermarket tbe or cbe.
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Damn see what you made me do! lol We talked so much about sound deadning that I purchase myself 100sq ft of FatMat ! And I promised my fiance no more car stuff till spring! Oh well if she leaves me Ill still have the WRX
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Quote Originally Posted by My06WRX View Post
    Damn see what you made me do! lol We talked so much about sound deadning that I purchase myself 100sq ft of FatMat ! And I promised my fiance no more car stuff till spring! Oh well if she leaves me Ill still have the WRX
    lol im only 17 soon to be 18 n have had my 2005 odsian black wrx since may of 2005 n the noise has never bothered me. but hey im young n dumb as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRaff View Post
    lol im only 17 soon to be 18 n have had my 2005 odsian black wrx since may of 2005 n the noise has never bothered me. but hey im young n dumb as they say.
    The noise doesn't bother me much either. But I was hoping that if I can mat the trunk and doors I then can install cbe and not have my woman ***** and complain like she always did in my old Mustang... lol SHE hates loud cars, but other than that shes the perfect woman for me... So im torn! Hey heres a thought! Ill just buy her some really nice ear muffs to drown out all the noise!
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Quote Originally Posted by rlem00 View Post
    one of the biggest differences between the saabaru and a subaru.....about 400lbs of sound deadener, to apeal to the higher class
    sorry if i being a noob here but can some one please explain wat a saabaru is? it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRaff View Post
    sorry if i being a noob here but can some one please explain wat a saabaru is? it would be greatly appreciated.
    Its a nickname for the Saab that Subaru and Saab built during one of their early co ventures. I believe Subaru and GM were in bed together at one time and the Saab 9 2 came with the 2.0 boxer subaru motor. They (Subaru) are currently very partly owned by Toyota and they are now building cars in a USA plant under another co venture. Check out google for specifics, but thats the basic idea
    2006 Aspen White WRX tr

Quote Originally Posted by My06WRX View Post
    Its a nickname for the Saab that Subaru and Saab built during one of their early co ventures. I believe Subaru and GM were in bed together at one time and the Saab 9 2 came with the 2.0 boxer subaru motor. They (Subaru) are currently very partly owned by Toyota and they are now building cars in a USA plant under another co venture. Check out google for specifics, but thats the basic idea
    Ok thanx man. learn something new every day.

I Support ClubWRX
    A stainless steel sound system - works great for me!

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.