Some questions about stereo install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Some questions about stereo install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i just got my 2004 STi 2 days ago. It didn't have a stereo in it at all, in ...

Some questions about stereo install

So i just got my 2004 STi 2 days ago. It didn't have a stereo in it at all, in fact it never came with one. I used to install car audio systems at bestbuy years ago, so im not new to stereo installs.

First question is: what does the factory antenna plug look like? There where a few open plugs in there when i put the head unit in. Does anyone have any pics of what it looks like or links to an adapter for this?

Second, what do the factory speaker plugs look like? I could just run new wire to all the speakers, but i would rather use the factory wiring, simply cause its easier. Again,pics and or links for an adapter here would be much appreciated.

Third, I saw the sticky on stereo installs and it mentioned to get the door panel off i would need to pry off the door handle. There has to be a better way or some speacial tool to do it cause i scrached the hell outa my handle, and nearly broke it.

thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't need to pry the door handle off. You just need to pry the piece off that surounds the door handle.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82 View Post
    You don't need to pry the door handle off. You just need to pry the piece off that surounds the door handle.
    oh right, thats what i meant

i found the antenna cable, it was crammed under the airbag control box.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.