12" Sub w/ Amp, new speakers

This is a discussion on 12" Sub w/ Amp, new speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What is a good company that produces good Subwoofers and Amps? Im looking to replace the stock speakers with new ...

12" Sub w/ Amp, new speakers

What is a good company that produces good Subwoofers and Amps? Im looking to replace the stock speakers with new ones, put in a 12" sub and an amp, but for now keep the stock radio.

Does this sound right/illogical? Or can i use a 12" with the factory?

Thanks guys!
    "Everyone should own a 12 cylinder car before they die"
    ..VRROOOOOOOOOM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love JL audio myself for subs! The amp isnt quite as important IMO but i have JL for that as well. As for speakers, i have pioneer 4 way speakers which i love as well. As for the head unit, i dont know if it plugs in i would recommend the new head unit!

The sub you get is going to depend on your budget and your taste in music. Do you want a sealed box, ported? bandpass? Kicker subs are great and hit hard if you like deep bass music. My Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" is more than enough to fill my wagon and it's tight and crisp in a sealed box.

As for amps, it comes down to cost and size. Again kicker makes a very well built amp but it's huge. I don't like infinity amps. PPI makes an amazing amp but you are going to pay through the nose for them. Coustic and upper level Visonik amps are great bang for the buck.

For regular speakers I've always used kicker or infinity in my cars for the final product. I've had alpine, polk, pioneer, and haven't like them as much. Focal if you want to break the bank, MB quart are nice. Just get a set of components for the front if you are going to upgrade.

And please please please don't take your car to best buy or circuit city. Either learn to do it yourself, it isn't that hard, or take it to a real car audio specific shop. You'll pay more but it'll be done right... 90% of the time.

-Nate