change color of factory boost gauge?

This is a discussion on change color of factory boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ive been trying to look for this for a while. if someone could link me to a DIY or explain ...

change color of factory boost gauge?

ive been trying to look for this for a while. if someone could link me to a DIY or explain it a little better. from what i understand you have to pop off the front and use a bulb condom to change the color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's a link on nasioc. If I recall, though, the 06's use an LED to light up the boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by bobanoid View Post
    ive been trying to look for this for a while. if someone could link me to a DIY or explain it a little better. from what i understand you have to pop off the front and use a bulb condom to change the color.
    That's pretty much it. It took me about 5 minutes, and I did it before installing the gauge.
    '06 WRB WRX

how do you pop the front off the gauge? I would still like to replace it with a gauge that matches with the factory STi gauge cluster though. something that blacks out with the ingition off.

Scoobymods has a good walkthrough.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Quote Originally Posted by LilJohn View Post
    how do you pop the front off the gauge? I would still like to replace it with a gauge that matches with the factory STi gauge cluster though. something that blacks out with the ingition off.
    I just bought some Prosport Gauges...they do that...at least I think they do ...one of the reasons I ordered them I think...haha