Component Speakers in 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Component Speakers in 06 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; All, Hey, just joined in, and I want to say I dig this forum. In another life I was a ...

Component Speakers in 06 WRX

All,
    Hey, just joined in, and I want to say I dig this forum. In another life I was a Honda guy, but I recently got into a 06 WRX. I dig the car, but as many people have indicated in the forum, the stereo is poo (yeah I said poo). I have the base stereo so I don't have the tweeter/speaker setup. I am getting a new head unit and speakers, but wondered has anybody installed a component set in one of these that didn't have the factory tweeters? If I can I would prefer to do that, and while I am fairly comfortable at stereo work in cars, this would be a new challenge.
    Thanks in advance all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i installed my new speakers, i installed new 5 inch ones on the back rack and then new front speakers.

the rear door speakers wont give you a good sound.

infinities are nice speakers to use for the front, and for that i did keep the factories tweeters.

the back is mtx audio 5.5 inch component speakers/tweeters

tx4100 i think its the model, it has tweeters that are not attached to the sub parts so it really allows you to put the speakers as you want em.

so, yeah... i never replaced the factory tweets persay, but i did put new ones in

check out the worklog on mp3car.com (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76345) if you want to see a picture of what i did... not much on it though besides a picture and a couple lines in an insigificant post
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX CarPC Install

MP3 - VIDEO - DVD - FM Radio - XM Radio - WiFI - Bluetooth - GPS - NES, SNES, SEGA, PS1, GBA Emulators & Games

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

Quote Originally Posted by hotelprowrx View Post
    All,
    has anybody installed a component set in one of these that didn't have the factory tweeters? If I can I would prefer to do that, and while I am fairly comfortable at stereo work in cars, this would be a new challenge.
    Thanks in advance all.
    Just every one who had a 2004 STi. We did not get speakers, or a head unit. The head is an easy install. Components require you to fab tweeter brakets, no big deal, and a bracket for the crossover. There is plenty of room for the crossover in the arm rest.

Search is your friend...
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I did try to search "speakers" and didn't get anywhere, I will try and look a bit farther back in time with revised keywords. Good lookin out Web
    With regards to the crossover in the armrest, I have seen quite a few posts about Subies and their tendency to let water go through the door. Any words on whether or not the crossovers are waterproof? Again, forgive the ingnorance, components are a new realm for me.

Well, my crossovers are not waterproof by any means. They are mounted on the cabin side of the plastic sheet inside the door. The space inside the armrest is mid door. I have a hard time imaging that water would get there. If water did get that far the whole door trim panel would be trashed.

Three years ago someone posted wonderful photos of a component install. Yea, it is an old subject. Component choices have changed over the years, so, no recommendations. I'm happy with what I have, but it is not available now.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Foot STi View Post
    Just every one who had a 2004 STi. We did not get speakers, or a head unit. The head is an easy install. Components require you to fab tweeter brakets, no big deal, and a bracket for the crossover. There is plenty of room for the crossover in the arm rest.

Search is your friend...
    theres tweeter mounts in the door .

No factory tweeter brackets in my car. A bolt hole where one would be, but no hardware. I have an early, no options car.

Based on my needs, I decided to go with some 2 way speakers with swivel tweeters. If they suck, I plan to sell them and get the component set. This is cost driven as I got all new speakers (All Kenwoods) and dynamat for less than the cost of the component set I was looking at.
    Thanks for the feedback all.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Foot STi View Post
    No factory tweeter brackets in my car. A bolt hole where one would be, but no hardware. I have an early, no options car.
    mine is a early 03/04 model . but i do have tweeters in my doors factory ones

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.