Gauge pod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanted to get some suggestions for a triple hood gauge pod. I plan on getting defi gauges soon but ...

Gauge pod

I wanted to get some suggestions for a triple hood gauge pod. I plan on getting defi gauges soon but cannot decide on a gauge pod. I think the defi clock pod sticks up too high but i like the design. Perfect would be the same type design with a lower back part. Can anyone post some pictures of some good looking gauge pods?

Btw, i've been through the sticky on gauges about three times and have only seen one that looks appealing, but I'm not sure where to get it.

I attached a picture of it.

<| 04 Java Black Pearl WRX |>
    |<>| Perrin Dual Tip Catback Exhaust
    |<>| Perrin Catted Downpipe |<>| Perrin Up-pipe
    |<>| K&N Short Ram Intake |<>| Cobb AP Stg 2
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html

Try looking here, I think it is an ATI carbon triple meter hood.

I actually have the Defi hood, and I like it. Not as bad, as you might think.

That pod you pictured is competition concepts gauge pod. Its the one that has all of the gauges angled towards the driver. The ATi doesn't do that.

Personally, I have the wrxtra gauge pod and love it. It looks stock, but has room for the 52mm gauges. It fit perfectly with my tastes.

Edit - It can be found here...http://www.competitionconcepts.com/wrxprodmodule.html
    Last edited by bluerex47; 11-04-2006 at 10:24 PM.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I have the zerosports pod, but it's not installed yet. It lets you keep the stock clock which is nice.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1061575&page=4

Bluerex, i think that looks like a very attractive pod, but could you post some pictures of yours? The picture on the site is very small. Would like to get some more views on it too. You can msg me if you don't want to post.

And Mechie, when you get yours installed, some picures would be great too.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    |<>| 17'' ADR Design Wheels, Ventus HR II Tires, Blizzaks on stock rims for snow |<>|

I won't be installing mine anytime soon as I don't have gauges. I will say though, at least for mine, it doesn't snap in but is double sided foam taped on top of the stock clock pod. The tape is hidden though. Mine is also made especially for an 06 to accomodate the airbag sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by snowave6 View Post
    Bluerex, i think that looks like a very attractive pod, but could you post some pictures of yours? The picture on the site is very small. Would like to get some more views on it too. You can msg me if you don't want to post.

And Mechie, when you get yours installed, some picures would be great too.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I'm confused, do you want pics of my wrxtra setup or the ATI setup (don't have that one)?

Here's comp. concepts from nasioc...http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...n+concepts+pod

And here's some of mine

If you want more of mine just ask. And rhey have long since been straightened
    - chris

Thanks for the pics rex, they look great!

I'm really a fan of the competition concepts gauge pod, google'd it and can't find any. Any ideas where i could purchase one?

Found it.
    Last edited by snowave6; 11-10-2006 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Became non ignorant.

anyone have experience with these gauge pods/brand?

Click link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

glad you found a place for the comp. concepts pod. I really like the idea of the gauges aimed towards you (I really wish mine did that).

As for the link you posted, that looks exactly like the Defi (or Gruppe S carbon) gauge pod. I've never seen anything about the company on the boards, but might want to run a search.

Good luck, and let us know whatever you get!
    - chris

Have no info on Delsa motorsports, but will be getting the full CF pod come xmas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.