Pros&cons of different boost gauges

This is a discussion on Pros&cons of different boost gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am wanting to get a boost gauge and was wondering the pros and cons of the different gauges, mechanical ...

Pros&cons of different boost gauges

I am wanting to get a boost gauge and was wondering the pros and cons of the different gauges, mechanical versus electrical. I have heard stories about both. The mechanical is not good because of the air line possibly getting pinched versus the electrical bad because there is more that can go wrong with it. I am looking at the Prosport gauges along with the subie gal single pod. Let me know your thoughts. Dont want to spend an arm and a leg because then it would make driving the car harder.
    '05 WRX Wagon San Remo Red, Stage ?????????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW 15 looks but nobody has any thoughts? Just wondering which would be the better to get, mechanical or electrical?

Which boost gauge you running and why?

Just wondering what type of boost gauge, mech or elec, everyone is running and why? Trying to get the real advantages between the electrical and the mechanical.

I Support ClubWRX
    Merged. No need for two threads about the same subject.

I have the prosport mechanical grn/wht boost gauge. I got it b/c it was relatively cheap and looked good. It works great. Actually im thinking about getting the subie gal pod too, but $60? That's more than i paid for the gauge haha.

It is possible to pinch the vacuum hose when installing it, but just pay attention. The instructions are sort of vague for the wiring, but maybe that's a personal problem. Lets say my wiring is 'adventurous'

I belive the the electrical gauges are the most accuracte like the Omori and Defi. They are the best they are the most expensive. If your just going to use a boost gauge I'd just go mechanical. For the electric ones you have the sending unit and all thats stuff and thats alot of stuf and money for one gauge. I'd go with this one http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...&cat=13&page=2 or one of the other clairty gauges on daddysscp. They looks nice they work well and the series one boost gauge is mechanical.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.