Navigation Dash mount?

This is a discussion on Navigation Dash mount? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a Navigation system for my car. It has the suction cup mount that goes to the windshield. ...

Navigation Dash mount?

I just got a Navigation system for my car. It has the suction cup mount that goes to the windshield. I would like to get it out of my view and put it on the dash but it does not stick to the dash. I was thinking some kid of surface with double sided tape that I can stick to the side of the dash near the radio. Anything off hand that I dont have to fabricate myself that I can just go buy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    I just got a Navigation system for my car. It has the suction cup mount that goes to the windshield. I would like to get it out of my view and put it on the dash but it does not stick to the dash. I was thinking some kid of surface with double sided tape that I can stick to the side of the dash near the radio. Anything off hand that I dont have to fabricate myself that I can just go buy?
    What I am looking to do is to take out my stock radio, and placing my Clarion NAV (LCD with suction cup made for windshield) in the double din slot. I would then put in my alpine radio deck in where the clock is. Alot of people have been doing this (the radio in the clock location mod). I just need to find a spare radio trim so that I can hack it up so it can mold and mount my NAV unit. I would also need to get an external antenna for the GPS.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"