Buddy Club Seat

This is a discussion on Buddy Club Seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I saw only one review for this seat on NASIOC and it didnt really explain that much so I figured ...

Buddy Club Seat

I saw only one review for this seat on NASIOC and it didnt really explain that much so I figured I'd give some input as well. Mounting the seat was fairly easy although the rails did not fit perfectly. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	67328 I found that putting the bolts through the tallest setting made the seat sit at a good angle for me. Its really comfortable once you get in, but getting in and out is a little bit of a pain. I went with the wide version since I found that the narrow was too small for me. Im 6'2" and 150 lbs just so you can get an idea. I pushed the car for about 5 minutes on a twisty road and felt like I could focus on driving more than holding myself upright. Overall I would say that from my experience in seats this is one of the best bang for your buck. The seat is really good quality and the fabric quality is good. The only complaint I have is that the shoulder support is a little too wide so that you cannot push it back past the b-pillar without removing the grey plastic cover. I find that if I push it to the b-pillar I am sitting to far away though. I wish I had done this earlier.
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice review. Where did you get yours? I've seen these seats for as low as $324 for the wide version. Having these seat do you think it would be worth the $200 or $300 for seats from one of the more prestigious brands?

Oh and what is the shell made out of?
    Last edited by Wrx BriT; 10-30-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

i got mine from p and l in chicago. it was 560 taxes included with rail. i got a deal through a friend. My car is not a show car, so the criteria that i look at when looking at parts are: 1 does it work, 2 is it good quality, 3 is it from a reputable company. This seat doesnt have a name like sparco, bride, etc, but it does its job well, and appears that it will last just as long as the stock seat. If you dont care about having the best of the best, this seat is perfect
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

oh and the shell is fiberglass, it doesnt flex at all
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

nice nice, i've been looking into some seats for the future. did you just get driver and not passenger?
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    I saw only one review for this seat on NASIOC and it didnt really explain that much so I figured I'd give some input as well. Mounting the seat was fairly easy although the rails did not fit perfectly. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	67328 I found that putting the bolts through the tallest setting made the seat sit at a good angle for me. Its really comfortable once you get in, but getting in and out is a little bit of a pain. I went with the wide version since I found that the narrow was too small for me. Im 6'2" and 150 lbs just so you can get an idea. I pushed the car for about 5 minutes on a twisty road and felt like I could focus on driving more than holding myself upright. Overall I would say that from my experience in seats this is one of the best bang for your buck. The seat is really good quality and the fabric quality is good. The only complaint I have is that the shoulder support is a little too wide so that you cannot push it back past the b-pillar without removing the grey plastic cover. I find that if I push it to the b-pillar I am sitting to far away though. I wish I had done this earlier.

thats exactly why im so hesitant so get a different seat without checking the fittment first, which is hard to do. However, if it fits someone 6'2" it will most likely be ok for most folks. Nice review. Very nice seat. i like it alot. i went with a set of v7 sti seats, but kind of wish, and may still get the seats you have. iv read good things of them and they look great.
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

the only reason i complain about not being able to push back the seat is that im at school so when my dad drives it so it just doesnt sit, he likes to sit very far back. im about the same height as him and when i drive his car i have to move the seat forward. If the grey plastic cover is removed i think it would be able to slide back easily however. I only got driver btw
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan