Quick question about a boost gauge install

This is a discussion on Quick question about a boost gauge install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a stock boost gauge, and UPS says it's going to be delivered today, so I guess I'll install ...

Quick question about a boost gauge install

I bought a stock boost gauge, and UPS says it's going to be delivered today, so I guess I'll install it tomorrow. I was wondering what type of T fitting I need? I know it's a pretty easy install, you just install the T in the vacuum line that runs off of the wastegate, and run that through the grommet in the firewall. Can I get that T fitting at any Auto Zone or similar?
    '06 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the fitting should be included with the gauge.
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

If it isn't included you can get a whole kit from these guys

http://www.wrxtra.com/
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

These are available at any auto parts store I'm assuming though? I don't feel like waiting for such a tiny part when the gauge is probably being delivered right now
    '06 WRB WRX

when i installed my boost gauge i threw away most of the install kit that came with gauge. it came with some hard lines and compression fittings with a tiny T fitting, instead i went down the pepboys and got a T fitting and some quality (not tiny stiff hard lines) vacuum tubing. there's posts somewhere about what size to get and such...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I think I used the universal type of tee that has several ribs along each side to accomodate tubing of various sizes. I haven't had any issues.

FWIW, my gauge is Autometer Sport Comp mounted in the Autometer gauge bezel and it works well for what I want it to do. I wired the backlight to the unused factory dimmer wiring for in the stereo head unit harness.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.