defi link system

This is a discussion on defi link system within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; whats the big thing about this, why so much money? do you still have to wire them up like reg ...

defi link system

whats the big thing about this, why so much money? do you still have to wire them up like reg autometer gauges? i want oil pressure and egt but just want to deal w/ the drilling and risk damaging something.

w/ the defi link do you still have to do all that?? or is all of the computer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The probes and sensors still have to be installed just like any other gauge, then connected to the control unit. The beauty is that the gauges themselves can be daisy-chained from the control unit, plus the control unit has limited recording capabilities, peak hold, and stuff.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

i dont think thats enough cause to pay all that money. i was hoping i could avoid drilling. i just feel comfortable hooking up oil pressure, last i want is to lose all my oil on the road.

The Defi gauges, IMO are the best gauges on the market. Yes they do take some installing but anything good takes some time to install. Where the Defi gauges win is that you do not have to run all the wires to your gauges. One other nice thing about the boost gauge is that you only run a 12" boost line, very little room for having problems with boost leaking.
    REXinCO

2006 WRX wagon
    *you can call it a wagon, it's got the balls to back it up.