Anyone tried these ebay gauges?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone tried these ebay gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...39877288QQrdZ1 Anyone try something like this before? Comes with all mounting stuff, pillar, 3 guages boost, oil pressure, and air/fuel. ...

Anyone tried these ebay gauges?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...39877288QQrdZ1

Anyone try something like this before? Comes with all mounting stuff, pillar, 3 guages boost, oil pressure, and air/fuel. Not a bad price? Anyone try this before?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea, i have 5 of those gauges (actually, the tinted series), and there pretty good. Sometimes there a bit dark during the day, but still easily readible. As for now, the only gauge thats actaully running is the boost gauge, which is pretty accurate to my accessport, but all of the other gauges are lit up. I like em, especially for the price!
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Did it actually come with all the mounting stuff and everything necessary to install?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

bump, some of you guys must have this or have heard about it.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

i am also intereted in these gauges.. any one else ever try them out?

Yeah i have got of set of them. A boost gauge and oil pressure mounted on the steering colum. I have tested them with my accesport and they are pretty accurate.

I have their boost gauge also and am very happy with it. Sometimes a little diificult to read during the day, but seems to be very accurate. If you are looking for the easiest install, I would not get the pillar mount and get the clock replacement pod instead.

If these are the gauges Im thinking of I had their boost gauge and their water temp gauge and I didnt like em. I had the ones that were tinted so they looked black when the car was off. I had no problems reading them, but the boost gauge would leak under high boost (one of my personal pet peeves). Also, the water gauge didnt seem like it read accurately. I ended up switching over to some autometer gauges.

Edit: I think I should clarify about the boost gauge. Most boost gauges use a thread tightening brass attachment for the hose. These gauges (The one I had anyway) use a long metal barb. I was replacing a boost gauge so I had already run the hose, and I was using a rigid poly irrigation tube from home depot instead of the soft tubing they give you with the gauge. Because the tubing didnt conform around the metal barb, the fit wasnt very tight and the gauge would leak. I tried clamping the hose but I could never find clamps small enough to reliably clamp down on the hose.
    Last edited by Aerophyre; 10-26-2006 at 04:57 PM.

for the price they are good i have their boost gauge, not bad, i always ment to upgrade but never had to
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

pic of them installed ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

ill take some later today
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

i Just ordered a whole set of these, along with their A-pillar gauges pod, I'm sure the gauges will be fine. I hope the A-pillar pod fits though. BTW i got boost, oil pressure, and AFR. I know AFR is useless unless you get a wideband. but i had nothing else to put there.
    Pics of my STi
    2004 WRX STi (WR Blue)
    Organic Racing Clutch
    Turboback Exhaust + Up-Pipe
    Stage 2 Ecu Reflash @ 18 psi

Definitely let me know how it turns out because I am still interested in these. Thanks man.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

yeah i should get them tommarrow and i'll install them that night, unless my STi is in the shop, then i will have to wait till it gets out.
    Pics of my STi
    2004 WRX STi (WR Blue)
    Organic Racing Clutch

ok so i got the gauges in, as well as the pillar triple pod. they installed nicely, the pillar pod fits well. they look really awsome at night, but are alittle dim during the day, i might open one up and put a brighter LED in it.
    Pics of my STi
    2004 WRX STi (WR Blue)
    Organic Racing Clutch

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.