Aftermarket Seat for BIG Guy?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Seat for BIG Guy? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have worn through the bolster on the stock seat in my 05 RS. SoA claims it's not their problem ...

Aftermarket Seat for BIG Guy?

I have worn through the bolster on the stock seat in my 05 RS. SoA claims it's not their problem and the stealership wants $609 to replace the seat. It's time to explore aftermarket options! I am a BIG guy. I'm 6'1" but only have a 30" inseam, so it's all in my torso (meaning I almost hit the ceiling in the stock seats). I weigh 280lbs and have a 40" waist. Like I said, I'm a BIG guy and the stock seats were kinda tight in the hips. What are my options for aftermarket seats that are wider in the hips/thigh than the stockers and will cost less (tax, title, and out the door) than $609? All the aftermarket seats I've seen so far seem to be targeted at skinny-assed boy racers.

I'll be using the seats 80% for in town commuting, 10% for hauling ass through the twisties, 5% for long trips (to get to the twisties), and 5% for autocross.

Someone out there has got to have a save!

Ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

called a bench seat or eat alot of subway

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R
    called a bench seat or eat alot of subway
    /me looks up at the address bar

This isn't NABISCO, are you sure you're supposed to be here?

Corbeau seats are your best bet if you want some support in the twisties and your a big guy. www.corbeau.com

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by williaty
    /me looks up at the address bar

This isn't NABISCO, are you sure you're supposed to be here?
    Oh snap!

Since I know nothing about seats, I would definitely check out the Corbeaus SHO_Guy suggested.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I've looked at the Corbeaus, but I'm a little skiddish after reading some of the problems people have gone through getting the seat they actually ordered and then getting it mounted correctly. People also say they wear out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by williaty
    I have worn through the bolster on the stock seat in my 05 RS. SoA claims it's not their problem and the stealership wants $609 to replace the seat. It's time to explore aftermarket options! I am a BIG guy. I'm 6'1" but only have a 30" inseam, so it's all in my torso (meaning I almost hit the ceiling in the stock seats). I weigh 280lbs and have a 40" waist. Like I said, I'm a BIG guy and the stock seats were kinda tight in the hips. What are my options for aftermarket seats that are wider in the hips/thigh than the stockers and will cost less (tax, title, and out the door) than $609? All the aftermarket seats I've seen so far seem to be targeted at skinny-assed boy racers.

I'll be using the seats 80% for in town commuting, 10% for hauling ass through the twisties, 5% for long trips (to get to the twisties), and 5% for autocross.

Someone out there has got to have a save!

Ty
    http://tees-usa.com/xax2.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBAR...39415553QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/X2-LE...40019588QQrdZ1

Stock seats in the 06 TR.

Im also a large guy 6'6" and 250, I have used Sparco Torino's since I went the aftermarket route. On my second set now. I prefer them for over other since the seat is still snug and you adjust the seat based on your driving style still.

This is the in the Suby

and the tC

A friend of mine has the 40 inch waist and bigger around had three sets of corbeau's before giving up the bolster would break down in less than 6 months. He even tried to restructure and made it stronger, still didnt work so now he has my seats too
    Ask me how to color your fogs
    RockBlocker
    Protecting Your Investment is Our Business

i believe consuming paint thinner makes you lose weight...?

or is it lye...?

Wow, the Nasioc boys are bored tonight.

I'd go with the Sparcos. Corbeaus are a good deal, but Sparcos are well made.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.