Gauge Pod Question

This is a discussion on Gauge Pod Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Someone said this was the autometer clock replacement pod but found this instead on ebay with other of the same ...

Gauge Pod Question

Someone said this was the autometer clock replacement pod

but found this instead on ebay with other of the same listings on ebay saying this is the autometer one . but this one doesn't really look like the top and it also has two screws in the front
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTOM...spagenameZWD1V

my question is does anyone have a link to the top pic where i can buy one ? the bottom pic version doesn't look all that great . plus don't like the sight of screws

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you ever get some info on this product?
    I am looking for info on this as well, but for an 06.
    http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/interior/clock_pods.htm

I found these 3, one of which is the ghetto one pictured lower in your post, but was unable to locate the top one in your post.
    I want to do the Defi gauges as pictured, and I dig that pod. I have read all the recent posts and not found anything.
    Thanks.

I have the autometer and you don't really notice the screws at all
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I know the screws are small, but they screw into the existing panel I would believe. Is that the case?
    If you choose to sell the car and then part the mods (based on the costs for these pods and gauges, I would) you have screw holes in that panel.

Quote Originally Posted by hotelprowrx View Post
    I know the screws are small, but they screw into the existing panel I would believe. Is that the case?
    If you choose to sell the car and then part the mods (based on the costs for these pods and gauges, I would) you have screw holes in that panel.
    no they come with screw clips and the screws run through the clipping points for the clock, so there are no holes put into the dashboard at all, if I sold the car and replaced the clock there would be no way to tell I had this gauge pod installed
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

That top pic is a one-off custom gauge pod. I've been looking to buy a gauge pod as well and i came across the thread on nasioc where the owner posted that pod. His friend made it for him using fiberglass or bondo, or something. Too bad, because it's the best one I've seen. I decided on the autometer pod (it looks better in other pictures) and I plan on trimming it to fit almost flush with the dash and painting it. Here's a pic with it slightly inset (don't remember who owns the car).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wNTQ1OTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg  
    '02 PSM WRX Sedan, Cobb AP V1 Stg.1, Perrin UPP, Borla XR-1, and plenty more.