Is it necessary to have a boost gauge? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is it necessary to have a boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by anthonywrx any review of those as far as accuracy? http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...tid=135&cat=28 they look good, but never really saw ...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywrx
    any review of those as far as accuracy?

http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...tid=135&cat=28

they look good, but never really saw them on here

I was going to get those I did a bunch of research on them and they seemed pretty good especially for the price. That was before I did the WRX delete mod so I never did get aroudn to buying them.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123
    It's kind of apples and oranges. The boost reading in the AP isn't a gauge. It's not very convenient as that cable runs between your legs. I guess you could velcro the AP to your dash, but it'd be pretty hard to read. Get a boost gauge...
    true, when i had it on tho, i could wrap the cord around the cup holder and wedge the AP into the cup holder.. worked fine and not hard to read at all.. personally id rather read numbers than a dial.. im just saying tho, your paying $500+ for the AP and it gives you live boost, why not use it?
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

because its not always accurate, and it has a max of 18psi I believe. I want gauges and im stage 1 utec, I've logged stuff in my laptop but I dont like looking down on the floor and in my logs to see what I had I'd like to read everything right then and there so I know right then and there. Same thing goes for the AP if the AP is down in the cupholder, you have to look down, which is really dangerous. IMO.

autometers are just fine. Some people claim there inacurate but I have one and its right on the money. Its all in how you install it. No leaks and it should read fine. It also moves very quickly and I used the regular nylon tubing.

I think the poeple complaning about autometer just didnt install it correctly or they got a lemon... my sportcomp 55mm was $60 bucks I belive. Imho its insane to buy a 200+ dollar gauge. but oh well to each there own.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
    If you get an AP, can't you just do a live boost reading from time to time on the AP itself and save the BG?
    except for the fact that you have to drive with the AP plugged into the OBD port which is right between your legs. The gauge is pretty easy. I have the auto meter carbon fiber gauges that are like 50-70 a piece with an ATI clock pod. The gauges are not the match to the cluster, but they are silver needles with yellow letters which is opposite of the WRX dash, and light up green. The whole setup was 280 total from JSCSPEED.COM. It looks good like the hood scoop but on your dash.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurd View Post
    autometers are just fine. Some people claim there inacurate but I have one and its right on the money. Its all in how you install it. No leaks and it should read fine. It also moves very quickly and I used the regular nylon tubing.

I think the poeple complaning about autometer just didnt install it correctly or they got a lemon... my sportcomp 55mm was $60 bucks I belive. Imho its insane to buy a 200+ dollar gauge. but oh well to each there own.
    I used to have the Sport Comp gauges and they certainly gave accurate readings. I since upgraded to 60mm Greddy P/H/W electronic gauges and have been REALLY happy with the switch. The peak-hold function is invaluable in a boost gauge; it allows you to keep your eyes on the road and later determine if you've been experiencing spikes, etc. Other than that, the advantage to more expensive gauges is all in styling and backlighting.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12