need installation guide or help

This is a discussion on need installation guide or help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i'm trying to install my pivot built in turbo timer. it came on the car but was never hooked ...

need installation guide or help

ok i'm trying to install my pivot built in turbo timer. it came on the car but was never hooked up. i looked all over on the web, i did a search here and i found nothing.

anyone have the installation guide on this or wiring diagram.

when we were installing car stereo there was loose brown wire that was half shoved into the harness leading into the security/impact sensor in the center column/shifter area. traced it back to a bulk of wires zip tied together leading to the turbo timer and think it maybe the parking break sensor.

and would be nice to know what the different 1, 2, 3 positions on the turbo timer do

any help would be really appreciated!
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

turbo times serve no purpose at all on a WRX.
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

i am new to the subaru scene, but not completely to turboed cars... so this kinda confuses me

why?
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

The wrx turbo is oil an water cooled, so when you shut down the car water is still circulation. Therefor you don't need a turbo timer.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

if you plan on getting a diffrent turbo... the turbo timer will come in handy !

aint going to lie i had a turbo timer put into my STi a week after i got it because i had a GS-T before
    you dont really need it but you know its your choice... my blitz FATT turbo timer also has other features thats i use

k

i think i am gonna keep it because i might upgrade the turbo sometime in the future. but does anyone have the installation guide for this particular turbo timer or the wiring diagram?
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    If you have it already its worth it to get it working if for no other reason then to screw with passengers. I think its really funny to turn the key off, get out of the car and walk away with the car running still while unsuspecting passengers get all freaked out.

That said, its one of those mods that doesn't really do anything, but it doesn't hurt either. Its the coolness of a ricer BOV and CAI mod without the negative screw your car up part (not saying I find either cool, but its on the same level I suppose).

As for installation instructions, a quick google search supplied this helpful page:

http://www.racingdimension.com/index...on=Custom&ID=2

Should have all the stuff you need to do it right. Thats about all the help I can offer though. Happy modding!

JH

which turbo timer do you have ???
    if you have the blitz FATT i still have the installition instructions and i can mail it to you if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem
    If you have it already its worth it to get it working if for no other reason then to screw with passengers. I think its really funny to turn the key off, get out of the car and walk away with the car running still while unsuspecting passengers get all freaked out.

That said, its one of those mods that doesn't really do anything, but it doesn't hurt either. Its the coolness of a ricer BOV and CAI mod without the negative screw your car up part (not saying I find either cool, but its on the same level I suppose).

As for installation instructions, a quick google search supplied this helpful page:

http://www.racingdimension.com/index...on=Custom&ID=2

Should have all the stuff you need to do it right. Thats about all the help I can offer though. Happy modding!

JH
    actually that's what i found too, but if you try the link it doesn't work. there is something wrong with pivot's site and i search everywhere to see if there was another site that had it working. that's why i came here to ask if anyone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    which turbo timer do you have ???
    if you have the blitz FATT i still have the installition instructions and i can mail it to you if you want
    i've got the pivot built-in turbo timer. thanks for the offer though
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

n e time

the link worked for me......... its opens a PDF file, so if you don't have adobe acrobat reader installed it probably won't do anything. The instructions were a general installation thing not specific the the Rex, but they should give you this gist of things. If you still have issues with opening it let me know and I'll save it as something easier to open and send it to you.

Cheers,

JH

p.s. click on the size number not the name.........not exactly the best formatted or put together site ever. -jh

you know... this crap always happens... you try something and it doesn't work for crap... then someone else tries it and you try it again and it works WTF?!? ... well it didn't work last night (i do have acrobat)......... it just worked now... at least i got it!
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

Must be my magic keyboard or something.........heheee. I do know the feeling though. Just glad you have it now, have fun making your friends doubletake.

JH

Quote Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem
    Must be my magic keyboard or something.........heheee. I do know the feeling though. Just glad you have it now, have fun making your friends doubletake.

JH
    hehe yeah yeah rub it in...
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69