Will my amp power my two 10'' solo barics l7's?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will my amp power my two 10'' solo barics l7's? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have 2 10'' solobaric l7's and im not really sure if the amp will power my subs. I have ...

Will my amp power my two 10'' solo barics l7's?

I have 2 10'' solobaric l7's and im not really sure if the amp will power my subs. I have a memphis amp. Here's a link to my amp...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem.php?id=3002

Heres a link to my subs... Mine are the 4 ohm ones

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/deta...DUCT_ID=KK10L7

And if anyone's wondering why I have no idea about this stuff is cus the deal i got on it. I got all this stuff for $200 today so im guessing its got be a pretty good deal for brand new subs and an amp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you wire your subs in parallel your amp will be giving your subs 300 watts a piece. Total wattage coming from your amp will be 600watts @ 2 ohms. To wire these subs in parallel, just wire them positive to positive terminals and to the amp, and negative to negative and then to the amp. I hope this is clear enough instructions? if you need any more help just pm me and I'll try to help you figure it out..

Quote Originally Posted by phillepe
    If you wire your subs in parallel your amp will be giving your subs 300 watts a piece. Total wattage coming from your amp will be 600watts @ 2 ohms. To wire these subs in parallel, just wire them positive to positive terminals and to the amp, and negative to negative and then to the amp. I hope this is clear enough instructions? if you need any more help just pm me and I'll try to help you figure it out..
    I was going to say the same thing. I have my amp bridged. Mine is a two channel 600 watt. I run two 10's off of it
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by phillepe View Post
    Is it possible to wire this to 1 ohm for even more power?

First off, most amps are not 2 ohm stable bridged. Especially cheaper amps. 1 ohm is possible on really high end amps. Your better, and safer, bet is to spend some money on a good amp. Otherwise you risk frying the amp and wiring and possibly speakers.

-Nate

Are your kickers the dual voice coil 4 ohm? The amp specs say it's 2 ohm stable. I didn't cleck before my last post to see that it is a mono amp. Run the speakers in parallel. You'll have more than enough bass for your car. Why people run two 10's is beyond me. 1 properly powered 10 is all you'll ever need if you don't want to drowned everything else out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.