I want to install a Alpine IVA-W200
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I want to install a Alpine IVA-W200 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want to install a alpine IVA-W200 into the double din dash in my 2005 impreza, but im having difficulty ...

I want to install a Alpine IVA-W200

i want to install a alpine IVA-W200 into the double din dash in my 2005 impreza, but im having difficulty understanding if it will fit flush in the din. The fit guide at best buy says that it will not, and reviews on other sites say it will.If anyone has done it before, or know if it will or will not fit, please respond back.

to get more info on this reciever, i included the link to the alpine site

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...&lang=en&tab=F

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    It'll fit perfectly. I don't have a single problem with mine.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, unless there's some sort of wacky depth issue, any double din unit should fit like a glove in a WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

thanks

thanks guys, ur responses were very helpful and reassuring

those are nice, would be cool if u could remove the screen like a single din radio, that way nobody jacks your stuff! thats the only thing that worries me about those.

yea i hear ya

yea that worries me too sometimes, but i live in a fairly safe neighborhood, and my car is garaged, most of the time. But im gunna try to be optomistic hopefully we have more decent than evil people out there.

yeah i live in a good area too, but what happens when u go to the mall or to watch a movie at night? just worries me.

I'm looking at getting the pioneer AVH-P6800DVD.

as seen here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...671418,00.html
    Last edited by subie04; 09-22-2006 at 12:30 PM.
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

wow that one is sick. Im looking at a JVC double din, forget the full title, ill have to post it when i get home. Its about $600 and isnt a touch screen... but i really like the one you just linked, and i LOVE the diagnostic stuff that comes with it. I wonder if it comes with a boost meter as well?

Do any of you guys have trouble with your touch screens? I was told to steer clear of them, but if that isnt true i would consider saving up for a couple more weeks and getting the one you just linked

****ing expensive is what that is...

build a CarPC less than half the price (mine cost about 500) and you can do so much more ^^

for example... can you surf the internet whilst driving with that??

didnt think so ^^
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX CarPC Install

MP3 - VIDEO - DVD - FM Radio - XM Radio - WiFI - Bluetooth - GPS - NES, SNES, SEGA, PS1, GBA Emulators & Games

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

Sweet, I am also thinking of getting that alpine head unit, Where did you get yours from?

I've had the IVA-W200 installed since Feb. and have had no problems with the touch screen. All it takes is a very light touch to do the functions. So as long as your not pushing really hard on the screen you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as surfing the internet...yeah, I'm too busy driving!

Quote Originally Posted by chickenbroth
    As far as surfing the internet...yeah, I'm too busy driving!

yeah... i can see the conversation after an accident now

"Sorry, i was busy typing and did not see you."
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX CarPC Install

MP3 - VIDEO - DVD - FM Radio - XM Radio - WiFI - Bluetooth - GPS - NES, SNES, SEGA, PS1, GBA Emulators & Games

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.