Removing dashbord and vent trim

This is a discussion on Removing dashbord and vent trim within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, new to the board. The interior trim in my car was painted World Rally Blue by the previous ...

Removing dashbord and vent trim

Hello everyone, new to the board.

The interior trim in my car was painted World Rally Blue by the previous owner, and it is pretty ugly. The paint job is nice, but it is not my thing. I would like to return it to a more subtle color...brushed aluminum, satin black, satin gunmetal perhaps.

I tried to get this info from the search, but I wasn't finding the information that I was looking for, does anyone have any DIY instructions for removing the dashboard trim?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Any idea what kind of paint they used?
    I have had a ton of success with "Goof OFF".
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

The radio and a/c vents are pretty easy. Just open the cupholder undo the two screws, and pry everything off. Not sure about the other pieces.

Goof off can ruin some plastics, so be careful with it.

It looks like car paint...It matches the World Rally Blue exactly, they did a good job...I don't think that goof off will do any thing.

Thanks.

I stll need to find out how to get the driver side and passenger side vent trim off as well.