amp placement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on amp placement within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm doing the system in my STI and wanna know where to palce my amps... Where do you guys put ...

amp placement

I'm doing the system in my STI and wanna know where to palce my amps... Where do you guys put them? in the trunk? or under the front seats? also I have 2 Kicker Solo Baric L5's... How bad would the rattle be? is it possible to elimate it to sound clean? or am I gonna hvae to get smaller subs? Thanks please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by karis119
    I'm doing the system in my STI and wanna know where to palce my amps... Where do you guys put them? in the trunk? or under the front seats? also I have 2 Kicker Solo Baric L5's... How bad would the rattle be? is it possible to elimate it to sound clean? or am I gonna hvae to get smaller subs? Thanks please let me know.
    what amp (dimesnsions)? ported or sealed enclosure? the only way to clean up the sound of a solobaric is to dynamat the crap out of anything and everything. peel-n-seal from the local hardware superstore when used in multiple layers does the same thing, except cheaper. i have a ported solobaric L7 box. it eats up the entire dent between the wheels and i don't know if a strut bar will fit above it. this will hopefully keep the majority of the weight over the axle. i plan on putting my sub amp on a steel rack and suspending it so it hangs out over the front of the box slightly. my amp for the my door speakers will hopefully still fit (on tilt) in front of the box. this will effectively destroy any storage capacity my trunk had , but i want loud music more than trunk space. good luck and post pics when you are done
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I have both in a sealed box that came out of my integra, but since it was a hatch, dynamat wasn't an issue. I'm assuming it's going to take awhile to get everything covered. I have two smaller amps and I think they may actually fit under the front seats, which is another thing to look into. Problem is I can't really play around with it much because my STI is at the dealership right now getting worked on... Stupid owner before me drove the car hard and 5th and 6th gear are grinding so they are having to rip out the tranny and fix it...Not sure when the car will be back, but I just wanna get an idea how to do this once I have the car back.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.