Biometric Security System

This is a discussion on Biometric Security System within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; check this out it scans your fingerprint before you start your car so that if someone steels your keys they ...

Biometric Security System

check this out it scans your fingerprint before you start your car so that if someone steels your keys they still cant drive away it can store 30 prints and has a pin code so that you can still start it without using the finger print

http://atrd.co.uk/
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

guido the red
    bug eye mafia for life

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard of that. I think it's great. I mean the already put that technology on lap tops, why not cars.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i mean it works out to 450$ but if it keeps them from stealing a 18000$ can it is worth it

guido the red
    bug eye mafia for life

If thieves break into my car and can't get it started all they are going to do it vandilize it, theives leave and i'm lift with a vandilized car.

But if the theives get it started and drive off in it and get about 2 to 5 minutes down the road and the car cut off on them and won't start again, then its stolen and someone will have a better chance of noticing people running from a car in the middle of the highway then people around a car in a parking lot.

Just my .02

i understand the whole vandallism thing but i have allredy had my stero stolen once and honestly i would rather have to deal with stolen stereo and maybe a broken windsheild than totally missing a car

guido the red
    bug eye mafia for life

I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they cracked two types of finger print alarms by using as simple as extracting fingerprints of the owner and making impressions. One was the basic computer lockouts and the other was a home security system. The one system that was cracked repeatedly was supposedly never cracked before. This seems to be a flawed system when you really think that you only need a raised imprint and on certain systems a certain amount of heat.. Remember your fingerprints are all over the handle... if they want your car they have it! I think the only was for a good bio system is some type of retinal scan, for someone to get an imprint of your eye deserves the car!
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm
    I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they cracked two types of finger print alarms by using as simple as extracting fingerprints of the owner and making impressions. One was the basic computer lockouts and the other was a home security system. The one system that was cracked repeatedly was supposedly never cracked before. This seems to be a flawed system when you really think that you only need a raised imprint and on certain systems a certain amount of heat.. Remember your fingerprints are all over the handle... if they want your car they have it! I think the only was for a good bio system is some type of retinal scan, for someone to get an imprint of your eye deserves the car!
    That episide was an eye opener for sure.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

No doubt, I was looking at one of the fingerprint deadbolts you can get for 500 online when I saw that..... No more,, I'll spend the cash on a theft resistant up-pipe and down-pipe....
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't trust some of those system to protect fort Knox or our national security but for most autos, I would think it would work well. It's got to be easier to make a copy of your key at Lowe's or hot wire you car, then go through trying to fake a finger print... It sure would be nice not having to worry about losing a car key or locking your key in the car...

As far as worrying if a finger print deadbolt is secure enough... I would be more worried about brick-proof windows then how pick-proof my deadbolt is...lol
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

soon its going to be like, DNA, eye scan, voice scan, fingerprint scan, personal key code, microchip.

what would be cool is more protective parking lots. kinda like the ones they have in japan

SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

or here, now no one can jack your car
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    or here, now no one can jack your car
    Unless they have an angle grinder and a spare 30 seconds: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...nder+man&hl=en