Which Radar/Laser Detector?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which Radar/Laser Detector? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I cant decide which radar detector to get.... Valentine one v1.8 w/ POP or Passport 8500 X50 Both have ...

Which Radar/Laser Detector?

Hey, I cant decide which radar detector to get.... Valentine one v1.8 w/ POP or Passport 8500 X50 Both have good and bad reviews on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've been very happy with my Valentine One, but I got it before they added POP protection. Since then they've had trouble with the RD "Junking" real alerts. They are still working on it as users are complaining like crazy. I've resisted getting mine upgraded for just this reason. With that said, Valentine will upgrade the RD free for one year after purchase if they come up with a revision change. Even after that it's only been $50 to $75.

If you really want to research the difference between the two RD, I'd suggest http://www.radardetector.net/ as there's a ton of good information there.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

I heard the 8500 x50 has a lot of false alarms from the turbo, this will be in my wrx and ive been leaning towards the valentine one, has yours saved you a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsabe
    I heard the 8500 x50 has a lot of false alarms from the turbo, this will be in my wrx and ive been leaning towards the valentine one, has yours saved you a lot?
    Yes, mine has saved me several occasions, but it's just part of a good defense against LEOs as instant on makes them a real problem. You have to use common sense and realize that there is no one RD that can save you from every situation. FWIW, if you live in a state that uses a lot of LIDAR (laser) the V1 is the BEST at picking up laser scatter by far. Saved my bottem in Ohio two weeks ago.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

Alright looks like ill get v1 cause in Oregon they have about an even ammount of Radar and laser and v1 sounds like its the best for that. Thank you for your help man

looking at the gauge pod radar detector right now , yes it has pop . Looks like a gauge .

i have a passport and it has NEVER let me down. laser, forget about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsabe

From the turbo? I have an X50 and I harly get any false alarms, let alone from the turbo.... The false alarms I get are from grocery stores and such so I know they are false but the turbo?
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

passport definitely. i know a few people that have them and it's the one i plan to get (after i get winter rims). it works really well.
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

my x50 did throw false signals from the turbo and winshield wipers once... i sent it back and they fixed it for free...even payed for shipping

also try doing a search there are alot of great articles on both on here

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    my x50 did throw false signals from the turbo and winshield wipers once... i sent it back and they fixed it for free...even payed for shipping

also try doing a search there are alot of great articles on both on here
    so it works fine now no false signals?
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by firetresses
    so it works fine now no false signals?
    it works fine... there are some false alarms while driving on the local roads from store alarms and ect... but i kinda know where thoes are and they throw out an X or K signal

in florida the state troopers, deputy's and city cops all use KA or LASER... thoes are the ones i know i really have to slow down for !

that's where i always have the problem is on highways... i tend to stick out (not on purpose or that i am driving fast) because of my car (this one and the previous one have both been colors that just aren't your normal red, black, white, silver kind of colors). my coworker has the passport and he loves it. it has saved him from quite a few tickets but he's a dumbass who keeps running stop signs ... so that is mostly his problem.
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

Quote Originally Posted by firetresses
    that's where i always have the problem is on highways... i tend to stick out (not on purpose or that i am driving fast) because of my car (this one and the previous one have both been colors that just aren't your normal red, black, white, silver kind of colors). my coworker has the passport and he loves it. it has saved him from quite a few tickets but he's a dumbass who keeps running stop signs ... so that is mostly his problem.
    the X50 works great on the highway..
    we drove 8000 highway miles and it worked great !

we drove from ft. lewis,washington (state) to Houston, tx then to new orleans,la then to orlando,fl then to bronx, ny then back to orlando... it worked great.... when i drove it was @ 120mph + unless my X50 went off....
    p.s. i think but im not sure... i think the X50 has better range than the V1

Best thing about the V1 is the directional arrows. Once you get use to them it's hard to go back.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    *Total Loss*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.