Gauge HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Gauge HELP!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys please help me out here, my bud gave me this gauge they never hooked it up correctly in ...

Gauge HELP!!!

ok guys please help me out here, my bud gave me this gauge they never hooked it up correctly in his car. my question is: does anyone know what type of A'pexi gauge this is and where can i find instructions on how to do it? or should i save the hassle and spend money to get it installed? Please help a fellow 06 wrx owner (mine has a black face btw)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6a_1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GReddy 52mm Boostgauge install guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I installed my GReddy electronic boost gauge. It tooke soem time to figure it out but I got it.

Steps-
    1. Disconnect Battery first. Remove lower dash, and clock pod. The clock pod is pretty tough to get out but use a flathead screwdriver to pop up the back and pull straight up with your hands for the front. Its tough.

2. Go under the hood and locate your BOV return line and cut it in a spot that a inline T connector will fit. The one supplied in the kit will not work. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1/4"x1/4"x1/8" T. I got 2 but becareful the 1/8" snaps real easy so dont put any pressure on it.

3. Work the 2 1/4" ends into the BOV return line.

4. Take the supplied sending unit and mount it in a suitable location. I choose to put mine on the battery holder bolt closest to the washer bottle.

5. Go under your dash and locate and remove the rubber grommet, above the clutch pedal.

6. Go back under the hood and drop the wire down near the grommet. Then go back into the car with a metal coat hanger(straightened with a hook on one end) and pull the wire through.

7. Run the wire to approximately where the gauge would go.

8. Take the supplied power harness with the 4 wires coming out of it and be prepared to add extra wire. I just added about 2 feet, approx, of the same gauge wire, all red, to the ends of each and marked them carefully.

9. Disconnect clock and put aside. Unwrap the electrical tape from the outside of the harness that goes to the clock.

10. You will see 4 wires. 1 Blue, 1 yellow, 1 pink, and 1 black.

11. On the harness wires are 1 Red. 1 Orange, 1 whitem and 1 black.

12. Connect, using the supplied splices, the Red wire to the blue wire, the yellow wire to the orange wire, the pink to the white wire, and the black to the black wire.

13. The Red and blue connection is for your power, the yellow and orange is for the ignition,, the pink and white is for illumination, and the black and black is for ground.

14. Finally mount your gauge, run your wires, hide them, put back grommet, and put back your lower dash, and clock.

Thats it your done. It was easy once you figure out what wires go where but other than that it wasnt bad. Ill post pics tomorrow when its light out.

For some reason it wouldnt let me copy the link to this thread.....
    Last edited by PJO42387; 08-21-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    CGM