Arm rest extenstions?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Arm rest extenstions? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; HI everyone! I just signed off on a 2006 WRX limited! I can't wait to get it and I want ...

Post Arm rest extenstions?

HI everyone! I just signed off on a 2006 WRX limited! I can't wait to get it and I want to thank everyone here for being so welcoming and helpful to answer questions. Much better than other forums. Anyhow, I have a question. My car is coming with three 'extras'. One is the sub/amplifer, another is the boost gauge, and the third is armrest extenstions? Are these standard for the WRX? WRX limited package? Are they an extra feature? Are they worth getting or should I ask for something else/ask they be removed? If anyone can explain this or even better, has pictures, that would be great. It probably seems like a rookie question, but then again, I am one! Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those are all options, on any of the trim packages.

The boost gauge is mounted outside the instrument cluster, on the top right of the steering column. The sub/amp is mounted under the driver's seat. The armrest extension is a 4" or so taller arm rest that is behind the parking brake.

Anyone have or seen the extenstions? Are they worth it or just annoying? Let me know!

I have the extension and like the storage space as well as being able to rest your arm during long drives and of the such.

Thanks HKS scooby! So it is cool? How much taller is it? Does it go straight up, or does it go longways over the cup holders? Sorry if this sounds wierd but I haven't seem them yet. Any chance you have pictures?

It is nice. I dont have any problems shifting or anything. It looks pretty much like any other year armrest extension, only minor mods. Goes straight up. No pics.

I have the armrest extension on my 05, and it should be the same as the one on your 06. I love the thing. The extra storage compartment in it makes a perfect place to keep your sunglasses. Also, being around 6'1", the stock armrest was a little too short, so I couldn't really rest my arm on it at all without being uncomfortable in the process. The new one is great, makes for a perfect place to rest my arm between shifts. Mine had to be ordered, so I drove the car without it for a week or so. When I first put it on it looked like it might be a little too tall and would get in the way of my elbow, but it really doesn't.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02
    I have the armrest extension on my 05, and it should be the same as the one on your 06. I love the thing. The extra storage compartment in it makes a perfect place to keep your sunglasses. Also, being around 6'1", the stock armrest was a little too short, so I couldn't really rest my arm on it at all without being uncomfortable in the process. The new one is great, makes for a perfect place to rest my arm between shifts. Mine had to be ordered, so I drove the car without it for a week or so. When I first put it on it looked like it might be a little too tall and would get in the way of my elbow, but it really doesn't.
    Thanks for the feedback! I am also 6'1" so the arm rest being taller makes sense!

I always thought it was stock until I saw the dealer window placard, which was still in the glove box and realized it was an option. Don't know what I would do without it. I think I would get a sore back/shoulder/elbow from long drives for sure.

I Support ClubWRX
    A 2004 here. I really grew to dislike it - I am 6'3" and have Sasquatch arms. I found it harder to shift. The salesman I bought the car from got me a standard armrest to replace the extension.

It is great extra storage though.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I have an 06' and I love my extenstion because my arms in a good place with the shifter and also I dont hit elbows as much with the passenger as I do in my friends 03 with out the extenstion.

My rs had the extension and I kind of miss it in my sti.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    A 2004 here. I really grew to dislike it - I am 6'3" and have Sasquatch arms. I found it harder to shift. The salesman I bought the car from got me a standard armrest to replace the extension.

It is great extra storage though.
    +1 the extension was annoying.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

yeah, awesome storage space, but i couldn't shift with it. i took it off after two days. at first i banged my elbow into it and then found the awkward bending i had to do with my arm to not hit it was too unnatural of a motion for me.

I'm 6'3" and love it. I wasn't anywhere close to being able to rest my arm on the stock elbow rest. I wish it stuck out a little farther forward, and was about 1" shorter, but big improvement on stock for me at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.