Rear seat delete
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear seat delete within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone who where I could find one?...

Rear seat delete

Does anyone who where I could find one?
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i know there is a c/f rear seat delete but its $1000+ so be prepare to pay a pretty penny
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I Support ClubWRX
    It confuses me why anyone would own a 4 door car with rear seat delete. It will be very nosiey inside the cabin, and the actual seat weights around 5 lbs. Take all hardwork out that isnt needed and just leave the seat part if it was me.

Sorry I couldnt help through.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+1 w/o the rear seat the car is very noisey. I took mine out for a track day at NHIS and the drive to the track was 100% exhaust noise lol. Kind of annoying. It takes 5min to take out the rear seats, just take it out for track events when you install your roll cage.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    yeah ive taken my seat out..and its noisy and its pointless because the seat weighs like 3-5 pounds....your not gonna shave any time off.......
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

+1

the cusions really don't weigh much and kill a lot of noise. Unless you're bulding a 100% rally car and the rear seats get in the way of the roll bar, there's really no point.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

the seat actually weighs 19 lbs. then there's the seat belts and reinforcement bars behind the seat. 20lbs is huge as far as weight reduction goes... and every little pound adds up if you are stripping weight from the car.

beatrush out of japan makes a rear bulkhead plate to cover the hole into the trunk. i think some vendors are actually importing it now. i hope thats what you wanted... if not, and its the rally type carbon fiber stuff, you gotta get that from europe or canada... and its not cheap.

in that case its probably cheaper to go on a diet and lose 20 pounds.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i dont see why you would need a pretty cosmetic piece anyways... if you're removing weight to save weight, then why add something to it? i cant imagine a thin aluminum piece making that big of a difference in noise. (correct me if im wrong)

i'm just removing the weight and leaving it as is... an underpowered car needs every bit of an advantage as it can get if i have any hopes of being competitive... seems like everyone has money for a better engine but me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.