Dynamat sound deadening

This is a discussion on Dynamat sound deadening within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Had my 03 done yesterday. Did all four doors with extreme plus removed all the seats and carpet and covered ...

Dynamat sound deadening

Had my 03 done yesterday. Did all four doors with extreme plus removed all the seats and carpet and covered the whole floor. I didn't have enough to finish the trunk so I will do that next week. Also still want to put the foam dynaliner over the extreme in the doors. In 2 weeks I am having the antenna mount welded in and painted so I will do the roof with the liner stuff at that time. So far though it has made quite a difference in the road noise level on the highway. Well worth it.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I plan on doing this to some extent, but I don't think I would put more than 40lbs worth on.

Don't know what the weight was but I lifted the 2 boxes and I don't think they weighed that much.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

How did you get under the carpet in front of the seats? Isn't the upholstry glued to the floor?

It was done at an installers shop and I wasn't there when they removed the interior, I only saw it after the dynamat was already layed down.

How much did you have to use? I've been thinking a lot about doing this.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I did the doors and the trunk, and trunk lid (to help the sub) with noticeable improvement. I've heard that doing the headliner really helps. I stopped because of weight issues. I heard of a guy who did his entire car and later regretted it because of weight issues. I did it more for a better sound system than trying to deaden road noise. You'd need more than Dynamatt to accomplish that in a WRX.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

why would you want to make your car quiter? the road noise is part of the cars personality.

just my .02
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Well, yeah. And road noise can be really helpful in an autox or track (hell, even on highways, i like to hear it). But, I like to be rid of wind noise as much as possible. And, most of the time, passengers like a quieter ride. If I were to do it (and I'm talking solely about noise reduction, not weight issues) I think I'd like to do the doors, headliner, and rear floorboards. That should keep enough road noise in the passenger cabin to be functional and fun, but significantly reduce ambient sound.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I think that the handling, acceleration and looks are the personality of the car. Road noise, squeeks and rattles are just a pain in the ass. I get plenty of noise from my catless exhaust and Kaaz gearbox. I haven't noticed any falling off of performance due to the dynamat but I can now talk on my habds free at 70 where I had to slow to about 50 before.