Powering Amplifier / Problems

This is a discussion on Powering Amplifier / Problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay fellas, I have encountered a bit of a problem here. And I know you cans can help me. Okay ...

Powering Amplifier / Problems

Okay fellas, I have encountered a bit of a problem here. And I know you cans can help me.

Okay so I tried to get power to my amplifier. I got all my wires in place. my main power - goign from battery, through a fuse, and to my amp (BAT). Then I created a ground in my trunk and hooked that the the GRND on the amp. Then I ran a REM wire and spliced it into the + in my cigarette lighter. So I was hoping to get power to the AMP when the key was turned. But that'd be far to easy. No power to the amp. What do you guys think could be the problem? I left my HU and stuff out today. And now my blinkers are not working. Possibly a bad connection for the cig lighter? Would that really matter? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

-John
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
    Okay fellas, I have encountered a bit of a problem here. And I know you cans can help me.

Okay so I tried to get power to my amplifier. I got all my wires in place. my main power - goign from battery, through a fuse, and to my amp (BAT). Then I created a ground in my trunk and hooked that the the GRND on the amp. Then I ran a REM wire and spliced it into the + in my cigarette lighter. So I was hoping to get power to the AMP when the key was turned. But that'd be far to easy. No power to the amp. What do you guys think could be the problem? I left my HU and stuff out today. And now my blinkers are not working. Possibly a bad connection for the cig lighter? Would that really matter? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

-John
    Does the cigarette lighter still work? Blown fuse comes to mind.

It did work before I started this project, but I haven't tried it since. I'll see if it works today. Is there somewhere you recommend splicing in the REM? And what could be messing up the blinkers?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Depending on the amp it might want a really good ground. If you didn't clear the paint away from the ground I would try that. Otherwise use a test light(with a good ground) and at the terminals on the amp check for power at the battery input and the rem input.

Alright update: Cig lighter still works fine, so no blown fuse there. Now, my guess is it must be the ground. So now the big question, why did my blinkers stop working? They're kind of important while driving...
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Update: Fixed the ground connection, and now amp turns on with the car. Apparently the blinkers don't work unless your emergency flashers are plugged in. I didn't even think about that. So we're good. All I need to do now is wire the speakerwire -> RCA thingy and we should have some serious bass.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty
    Update: Fixed the ground connection, and now amp turns on with the car.
    Damn I'm good