shift boot idea
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on shift boot idea within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how about dieing the shift boot? how much u think i can get my boot died sedona red for???...

shift boot idea

how about dieing the shift boot? how much u think i can get my boot died sedona red for???
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm...I think that'll look off. It'll match your car from the outside, but not the interior. Just my opinion.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Hmmm...I think that'll look off. It'll match your car from the outside, but not the interior. Just my opinion.
    good point but i plan to do the blue cloth panels in red so it would match....well plan and reality are very diff but that's the idea as of right now
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Dyeing the shift boot won't work- it's not pourous enough to hold the dye - but you could use some sort of flexible vinyl paint. OTOH, you'd probably get a cleaner looking finished product if you detach your boot, take it to a custom leather shop, and get them to reproduce it in something close to sedona red. You'll have to give them a sample of the color, maybe you could detach your gas lid temporarily for them to work with. I'd guess they'd probably charge you $35-40, maybe less.

I think it could look cool, though matching the seats might be a small issue. Worst case scenario, you toss the new boot and reinstall the old one.

If you get it done, be sure to post pix!
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

ya the seats is the toughest part unless i get recaro's with the red middle or somthign...or sparco's or anything like that..in my mind it looks god the panels and the boot but i dunno how "do able" it is
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.