02 Wrx Antenna Location??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 Wrx Antenna Location?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I appoligize if this maybe the wrong area but im dumbfounded. Okay I have searched seveal forums and I keep ...

02 Wrx Antenna Location??

I appoligize if this maybe the wrong area but im dumbfounded.

Okay I have searched seveal forums and I keep seeing a pull up antenna sort of like the honda I use to have. My only problem is I just bought the car and cannot locate it.
    It says its a pull up but there are no antennas on the exterior of the car anywhere. Is there another place for the antenna????? again its a 2002 WRX w/Pioneer stero.
    oh here is a picture of my car I just got today and the antenna is suppose to be on the drivers pillar post but isnt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been shaved. Later cars have embedded antennae but the bugeye cars had a pull-out, conventional antenna on the driver's side front pilar. Yours does not. Can you hear anything on the radio?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

it should be on the driver's side A-pillar. whoever had that car before you had it removed/filled.

There may be an internal window antenna...or maybe he just had an XM/Sirius antenna on the rear deck.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    It's been shaved. Later cars have embedded antennae but the bugeye cars had a pull-out, conventional antenna on the driver's side front pilar. Yours does not. Can you hear anything on the radio?

the antenna is plugged into the back of the radio but nothing, made a antenna and tested it just to make sure and can hear quite a few radio stations. I searched the window area for one also and didnt see it... Guess I'll have to trace that antenna wire???

would the xm antenna work with regular fm stations (dumb question I know) I plan on changing the stero maybe down the road and putting my ipod in there but I gotta listen to one of my favorite stations while on my way to work lol.
    Last edited by Noeladams; 08-04-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noeladams
    the antenna is plugged into the back of the radio but nothing, made a antenna and tested it just to make sure and can hear quite a few radio stations. I searched the window area for one also and didnt see it... Guess I'll have to trace that antenna wire???
    yup
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Someone shaved and sprayed the antenna area but left the side skirts bare -- or did they sell their painted ones plus cash for unpainted? Interesting.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

oh yeah, almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me SD. you only semi-suck now

lower it and paint the side-skirts.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

I think he sold the painted ones, but I do agree about painting the side skirts. I'm not sure on the lowering part yet....... lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg

That's funny! Anyway, yes, I find it odd since the amount of work involved in shaving the antenna is much more than painting the skirts. Is the trunk de-badged? Anybody know if a later-style windshiled with an antenna built in can be fitted to a bugeye (I don't see why not but don't know)?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    That's funny! Anyway, yes, I find it odd since the amount of work involved in shaving the antenna is much more than painting the skirts. Is the trunk de-badged? Anybody know if a later-style windshiled with an antenna built in can be fitted to a bugeye (I don't see why not but don't know)?

the trunk came off of a 06 impreza.. It hasnt been debaged though.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the 06 badges, it's a nice look.

Someone went to an awful lot of trouble to get rid of that antenna. I wonder if they already put a later model rear window with the antenna in already? I've thought some about doing that to mine. Maybe they just didn't hook it back up?

Anyway, if they didn't change out the rear window that's the way I would go. You could probably sell the old one to someone.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin
    Someone went to an awful lot of trouble to get rid of that antenna. I wonder if they already put a later model rear window with the antenna in already? I've thought some about doing that to mine. Maybe they just didn't hook it back up?

Anyway, if they didn't change out the rear window that's the way I would go. You could probably sell the old one to someone.

Well i'm going to trace the wire first, I went to look at the window tonight but only see the rear window defroster there. I could be wrong and there is one there but im a subaru newbie. lol......

now if it was to deal with my ole civic then I'd be good to go lol.

This is kind of off topic because I have no idea where your atenna is but I think not having the atenna on there looks really clean. Do you plan on on trying to re-mount it?
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    This is kind of off topic because I have no idea where your atenna is but I think not having the atenna on there looks really clean. Do you plan on on trying to re-mount it?
    No wont be mounting one on the car, I been looking at those roof ones but I would prefer something else. Maybe some kinda windshield antenna...... I cant tear things apart until tommorrow, wify and family want to go shopping today so

Thanks for the help though everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.