Defi single-DIN unit

This is a discussion on Defi single-DIN unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have this setup? I really don't want to have to pay 0+ for the 60mm DEFI clock pod setup ...

Defi single-DIN unit

Anyone have this setup? I really don't want to have to pay $800+ for the 60mm DEFI clock pod setup (even though it is badass). It's a bit more affordable (about $450), and
    since I have an '06 WRX TR, I thought this might work since I have the 1-DIN hole already. My only concern is that the gauges they show don't seem to be geared to any particular function.

Naturally, what I'm looking to monitor are the basics (boost, oil press, EGT). Does anyone know if the Defi 1-DIN can be used to work for this? If not, are there other similar setups available?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    link? I've never seen the unit you're talking about...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Doesn't look like you can change the gauges in there, so if you want gauges other than what they have in there, you're out of luck...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Doesn't look like you can change the gauges in there, so if you want gauges other than what they have in there, you're out of luck...
    Yeah...I was trying to see if anyone had attempted to change them out. Anyone know of any other DIN setups that go below the 1-space head unit instead of on top of the dash? I'm not going to try and fab something myself on a brand new car.

I'm not a fan of A-pillar mounts, and if I have to do a dash-top setup, it will probably just be the Defi hood with whatever gauges match stock the best.