mp3 player users/ipod users, have a question for ya
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on mp3 player users/ipod users, have a question for ya within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i'm looking into buying one of these for my g/f for her b-day coming up, her 06 scion TC has ...

mp3 player users/ipod users, have a question for ya

i'm looking into buying one of these for my g/f for her b-day coming up, her 06 scion TC has a port built in so you can hook one of these right in the radio, i know nothing about them so i'm looking to the clubwrxers to help out, i really dont wanna spend more than $200 on one and it's gonna be mostly used in her car, she's downloading new songs all the time and buring them onto cd's and she has about 50 cd's in her car, i dont know what brands are good/bad so help me out

here is one i was looking at, dont know if it's any good or not
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1118841173673

lmk!!
    thanks
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Creative's products seem to rate pretty well. My daughter got one of the solid-state ones (Zen Nano) for her birthday, and so far we're pretty pleased with it.

Much as it pains me though, (I'm not really an Apple fan) I have to admit that my iPod Video is pretty sweet. I know that your cap is $200, but for a hundred dollars more you get a whole lot more capability. I can also highly recommened their Nano. Not quite as much memory as the Creative gives for the money, but the functionality is very impressive.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I hate apple, but I love my ipod. I never use iTunes, there are other programs that can be used to get around it
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Peachypumpkincheeks

My brother swears by his Creative Jukebox mp3 player, but the hard drive burned out and the warranty didn't cover it's replacement (and he would have had to pay $150+ for repair). So he got a new mp3 player, but stuck with Creative.

I on the other hand, love things to be mainstream, user-friendly, and fully covered under warranty! I went with the 30GB video i-pod and I love it to death. Yeah, it's a little more expensive and you need to spring for the warranty (this is a MUST), but it has good warranty coverage from what I've seen (no problems with mine yet, had it since Jan. 1, '06). I've loaded it with TV shows, movies, and over 1700 songs and I have 20gb to spare! You can always go with the very-portable ipod nano, or the pretty and accessorizable ipod mini. Ipod has the most accessories and music software (that I know of).

Frankly, she's a girl. Is she gonna want top-of-the-line technology or a reliable, pretty, personalizable mp3 player?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I personally went with the 20 gb ipod photo. I got it the day the video ipod's came out at my school's bookstore and the price dropped 60 bucks. I also got the same one from ebay for my girlfriend for her birthday because walking around campus can get pretty boring as well as waiting in between classes. From my experience, I'd recommend ebay because you can get a nice ipod photo (it might be refurbished, but hey it still works) for less than $200. You're also not forced to buy the new video ipod if you don't want to.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Icysheet
    I personally went with the 20 gb ipod photo. I got it the day the video ipod's came out at my school's bookstore and the price dropped 60 bucks. I also got the same one from ebay for my girlfriend for her birthday because walking around campus can get pretty boring as well as waiting in between classes. From my experience, I'd recommend ebay because you can get a nice ipod photo (it might be refurbished, but hey it still works) for less than $200. You're also not forced to buy the new video ipod if you don't want to.
    I'm a huge eBay shopper, but in the case of iPod's I've never felt like I saw that many good deals, by the time you ship it and all. Maybe on the older models..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Me and my girlfriend have 3 creative labs mp3 players (nomad jukebox 40 gb, microphoto 8gb, and the zen vision 30 gb) and we love how easy they are to use and operate. The only bad thing is that there are hundreds of peripherals and accessories for the iPOD, but only a handful specifically created for the Creative Labs products. But I still like creative's products, I use the 40gb every day, and have been for the past year and a half.

Good luck with your decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

I spent $500 on an ipod video 30gb + alpine deck with the hyper ipod hookup......
    2 months later i'm still super excited about it......still havn't filled it up and use it all the time.......plenty of accesories and never ceases to draw attention from friends and co-workers........i get alot of "watcha watching" and people usally jack one of my headphones and start watching with me on my luch breaks......

my wife was so impressed she bought a shuffle for working out and she loves it so much now she wants a video too.......

don't like apple but the ipod is just amazing.....i even traded in my psp after i bought my ipod.

I have to agree with Speedette on this one, shes a girl and frankly no matter how the technology of any other mp3 rules over the ipod (which I don't think maybe do), the ipod is "it". Coming from a girl, whose had a gen3 ipod for god knows how long without any problems I'm telling you to go with the ipod. Also, as Icysheet said you don't have to go with the video, which if you don't, won't set you back much more then the zen.
    PS-Nothing beats the design of the ipod. I'm sure she'll be happy, good luck!
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare.

I just put in the alpine deck in my gf car which dosnt work with nano so I ordered one from apple if your a student you get a discount if not find some one who is, the 30gb cost her $285 shipped.
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I have the 30gb ipod video with a alpine deck. I drive about 45 min to work so mine gets a lot of use and I am pleased with it..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

iPod is the gold standard here, and the fact that there are so many accessories available means that you can find a holder and charger which will allow you to connect directly into the port on your car stereo. Go to iLounge accessories page to find out what's available.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    Me and my girlfriend have 3 creative labs mp3 players (nomad jukebox 40 gb, microphoto 8gb, and the zen vision 30 gb) and we love how easy they are to use and operate.
    Yeah, when I set up my daughter's Zen Nano, I thought it was cool that I could just drag and drop songs right onto it, no setup or software required. I realize that there are packages for doing this to the iPod as well...I need to get around to experimenting with it. Not really that big of a fan of iTunes.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

well mabye i'll have to check out the 2gb nano when i go down there, considering the link in my OP no longer shows the one i WAS looking at to those that the nano didn't work in the car... why was that? that is the whole reason i'm buying this thing for her, to hook it straight into her car, will it come with the cable needed to hook into her car or will i have to buy that too??
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

I Support ClubWRX
    I think he was referring to a specific Alpine head unit, and it working with the larger iPods, but not the Nano. If you have an Aux input to your car stereo, than any MP3 player will work.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.