DIY gauge cluster help!!

This is a discussion on DIY gauge cluster help!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wsup guys im in a bit of a pickle and need some help so ima get straight to it. i ...

DIY gauge cluster help!!

wsup guys im in a bit of a pickle and need some help so ima get straight to it. i was doin that changing your gauge cluster and HVAC controls to red project, the one where u sand down the gauge face and put on the red condoms. well everything is going good and at first it was lookin great came out perfect but after about 15 minutes of driving all the color came out and all my buttons were white. so i took out everything and it seems as if the condoms came off?? and im here wonderin how is that possible. has anyone else had this problem? if so how can this be fixed bcuz this is a great DIY and i'd hate 2 jus be stuck wit white buttons. thx in advance guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HJC
    I'm guessing you got some condoms that are too small. The heat from the bulbs melted them and they came off. Last time I checked mine, some are cracked but they're still on. Sorry, don't remember the size of mine, but I used the guide here for reference.