Seat noises
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Seat noises within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been having an annoying squeeking in my seat everytime the turbo kicks in and my heinie flies back, ...

Exclamation Seat noises

I have been having an annoying squeeking in my seat everytime the turbo kicks in and my heinie flies back, (it happens very often ). I am probably one of the bigger WRX pilots at about 6'1'' and 250lbs. It has gotten to the point that it affects the way I drive, now I am trying to "ease" into every gear to avoid the sound. I have put WD 40 on the left and right sides of the seat hardware with little to no success. What else can be done to silence this?
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question

Man, that's weird. Mine just started doing that, too. I don't think it's size dependant. I'm 5' 9", 170lbs. It is REALLY starting to bug me.

I think it's probably the seat belt. I was getting it too; I hooked the belt up then gave it a good yank to kind of stretch it it has worked for now.

The seat belt eh? I will try the pulling method. I am driving from Kansas City to St. Louis and I want to take the Subie if I can stand that cursed noise otherwise its the wife's 94 Camry= no fun/long drive.

Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know if it works.
    AJ

Its the seatbelt alright. The yanking method gets rid of the noise for about 5 minutes in my car and then it comes back. It drives me SO crazy. I usually have the radio on so I don't hear it, but sometimes I like to listen to the engine and not the radio and then I hear it all the time My passengers get a good show when I flip out and yank the hell out the seatbelt in some way shape or form. I wish I could get rid of it permanantly. If anyone has any success, please post it.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Try to tighten the bolts that bolt the seat rails into the the floorboard. I tightened mine yesterday, and noticed a BIG difference. There are still some subtle noises from the seat back. But this helps a lot. I believe all of my weight flying backwards for 13,000 miles (from my enthusiast take-offs) has loosened the screws. My previous car was a Corolla. This was not a problem. Please post your outcome(s).

aj

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.