I have to STEAL this Idea - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I have to STEAL this Idea within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you go to Naisoc and do a search for LCD screens you should find his thread, he tells how ...

If you go to Naisoc and do a search for LCD screens you should find his thread, he tells how he did it or you can send him your bezel and he will do it for you. Eric M. on myimprezawrx.com had the guy do his and it turned out very well.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Sunkist
    If you go to Naisoc and do a search for LCD screens you should find his thread, he tells how he did it or you can send him your bezel and he will do it for you. Eric M. on myimprezawrx.com had the guy do his and it turned out very well.
    I don't want to be sending anything out. I want to be able to drop the car off, pick it up later, and start enjoying the new setup. Who can do this in the DC area? Does anyone know?
    2002 WRX TurboXS Stage 4 FOR SALE!
    2000 BMW M Roadster FOR SALE!
    FOR SALE! BUY THEM!

WRXin': If you could please point me in the direction of a 7" widescreen for the price of $100, that would be great. Anything to save money.

Thanks

Sunkist: Did you want a dvd player to put in the pod, or just a portable that you can stick in the glovebox? Portables will probably be a lot cheaper.

Originally posted by Judah
    WRXin': If you could please point me in the direction of a 7" widescreen for the price of $100, that would be great. Anything to save money.
    Well $100 is my price, but PM TeamShiftPoint anyways (the guy's name is William). I'm local so he doesn't charge me shipping. Not sure how much he'll charge you, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by Judah
    Sunkist: Did you want a dvd player to put in the pod, or just a portable that you can stick in the glovebox? Portables will probably be a lot cheaper.
    Yea a little DVD player to put in the glove box is nice and damn cheap but since the screen takes the place of your stereo I would rather have a head unit to take care of everything.
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Originally posted by Sunkist

Yea a little DVD player to put in the glove box is nice and damn cheap but since the screen takes the place of your stereo I would rather have a head unit to take care of everything.
    Yeah, that would be nice. Like this Clarion here plays CD/DVD/MP3 and has a 7" LCD Monitor. Only thing is that it retails at $1999.99
    Fahd

A flip out screen would be best that way its out of sight when you are not in your car so no one knows exactly what you have but they are more than I want to spend on my system. If I get this setup I was thinking about fashioning some kind of cover to put over the screen when it is parked.
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

That would be fun for Auto-X days to review my driving RIGHT THERE. Would it be possible to hook up a camera straight into that?

Originally posted by Cobreth
    That would be fun for Auto-X days to review my driving RIGHT THERE. Would it be possible to hook up a camera straight into that?
    My friend has an Acura TL, and he got an RGB converter (or something like that), and it has the place for video cords. I would think that you'd be able to plug a video cam into it. So to answer your question, yes, but with a little bit of rigging.
    Fahd

Does anyone know how he mounted that Apex'i tt cuz the wire goes straight from the side, bu in those pics there's absolutely no wire. Do you think he just drilled through the back on that plastic or what? Thanks for the help.

check out www.thezeb.com. They have a clarion touch screen in dash motorized lcd with the dvd combo for 1200. I'll probably going to pick that up soon myself.
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12