How to not get jacked! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on How to not get jacked! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; And people say I dont post usefull information!...

Banned
    And people say I dont post usefull information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just got my windows tinted largly for that reason. so its not so easy to see and steal whats inside
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

wELCOME BACK nICK

Originally posted by BoarderEight
    If you lock your glove box would you say it's safe to leave your stereo face in there while going into the mall, for example?
    Actually, the first place that thieves look is in the glove box because they know that many people leave their valuables, especially their face plates, in there. Just make it a point to take your face plate with you no matter how safe you think it is. A friend forgot to remove his face plate one time and when he got back to his car, the entire unit had been ripped out of the dash. It's a real shame especially since he had a pretty expensive unit.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Jacked

Well I found out the hard way this last weekend. I had my car at the dealership in Mequon WI for a fuel line problem. I havea Pioneer DEHP7400MP deck, Power Acoustick 0V600 amp, and a 12" Rockford HE2 sub. I left the faceplate on since I thought the car was only going to be there a day or so. Well tuns out they needed it for a week. The car was out in the service lot, some one came and broke the driver side window, took my deck out, amp out, and sub out. Funny thing is they only made off with the face plate and remote. They disconnected the battery cable (with a socket wrench must've had time). The cops found everything in the backseat ready to be walked off with. $2200 worth of damage. See the pics (crappy quality). Dealer is covering everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deck1.jpg  

pic

another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails windows.jpg  

one more

battery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails battery.jpg  

That sucks man- let's get a group together and go find them!

weird

The funny thing about the whole experience is that the system is only about 2 weeks old. I live 40 miles away from the dealer, and about 5 people new that I owned it. The only other people that knew about it are the mechanics who drove the car???? I think it was an inside job. Or one of the workers call one of their friends and told them about it. Just seems a little bit out of the ordinary.

BTW, wheel locks CAN be defeated. Shops will use an airgun with a special fitting on it that will pretty much grip on and air-pound the locks off the wheel without the key. However, they are fairly loud and need an air-compressor. Usually, the car needs to be taken to a second location for the theives to get your locks off. BUT, I HAVE heard stories of even people that put 5 different sets of locks (1 for each stud) on their rims, and the car got stolen, and recovered with no rims on it...

Another thing to watch out for, is DO NOT LEAVE your wheel lock key in the car! Sure it's convienent when you need them, but some theives will break into your car 1 day and leave. You think you lucked out because nothing was stolen. A week later you come out to find your ride up on blocks...the theives got exactly what they wanted, your wheel locks so they could come back later for your rims! If your car ever gets broken into, MAKE SURE you still have your rim keys, otherwise, you should go buy a new set ASAP.

my .02

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Where are you guys from??
    is it really like that???they rob rims?
    Here in Brazil they point a gun at your face and take your whole car
    In my city,Rio de Janeiro is better than Sao Paulo,,here there are only some bad zones that are not good to drive by.
    Where i live its cool cause in the main city area the place is loaded with cops.
    At least i am safe from thieves,although i hate cops too.
    Tuca
    2002 Black Wagon WRX
    315HP With the PM-ID

my car was broken into at the dealership too....busted my window, stole my deck (sony m750), amp (alpine v12), some cd's, and 75 cents in change...they however left my 10" polk momo sub and box? Guess they didnt have room for it after breaking my key'd lugs and jacking the rims... I've posted this incident before, and yes i'm still dealing with the F'n dealership! Http://vr4.strictly18.com/stripped/ for more pictures and http://vr4.strictly18.com/ before it was stripped....car is for sale with stock rims/stereo for $10.5k

Cover your VIN # !!!!

Also another way to prevent your car get jacked is to cover your car VIN# because I heard, the new generation thieves can easily steal you cars or open your doors without any effort. This is how; they simpily look at your car VIN# at your residential parking lot, and go to one of Subaru dealers to get a set of new keys according the VIN#. (some of the car dealers don't even bother asking any question) SO Watch out and COVER you VIN#!!!

I feel your pain this happened about 4 days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0180.jpg  
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

this is what it was
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0147.jpg  
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake