hand crank windows?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hand crank windows? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i was wondering if there is any year impreza that would work with the '02-04 wrx so that a person ...

hand crank windows?

i was wondering if there is any year impreza that would work with the '02-04 wrx so that a person could delete the power windows and possibly save a few pounds. was there ever a hand crank impreza ? anyone know? this is odd but it had me wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you want crank windows in the back than go buy an srt4. seriously. why would you go threw all that time and energy to save lbs and loose the convienence of having power windows
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    if you want crank windows in the back than go buy an srt4. seriously. why would you go threw all that time and energy to save lbs and loose the convienence of having power windows
    +100

There's other ways to save weight...have you deleted the glove box?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +100

There's other ways to save weight...have you deleted the glove box?
    why on earth would you get rid of the glove box. it weighs like 2 lbs. and its a valuable holding spacee

Peachypumpkincheeks

why on earth would you get rid of the glove box. it weighs like 2 lbs. and its a valuable holding spacee
    Because the glovebox would be long gone before my power windows!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    +2

More realistic things to delete carpet, sound deading, clear out trunk (liner spare tire), get rid of misc. mounts in engine compartment (may require some welding to modify/connect parts) aftermarket rims/tires, rear seats (if you can settle without it).
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    +2

More realistic things to delete carpet, sound deading, clear out trunk (liner spare tire), get rid of misc. mounts in engine compartment (may require some welding to modify/connect parts) aftermarket rims/tires, rear seats (if you can settle without it), front subframe etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Because the glovebox would be long gone before my power windows!!!!

OOO DIPPPP!

+1 on trunk stuff, like spare tire, jack, ect. the rear seats dont even weigh enough to make a difference. and it looks so horrible with out them in

did i say i was doing it? no. maybe if i was going weekend street/strip i would but my car wont be my car only forever.

i simply stated i wanted to know if it was possible. glad to see a little nasioc on these boards.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    did i say i was doing it? no. maybe if i was going weekend street/strip i would but my car wont be my car only forever.

i simply stated i wanted to know if it was possible. glad to see a little nasioc on these boards.
    The RA versions of JDM WRXes and STis came with manual windows. Maybe you can find someone to do a door swap? Though I have not the sligtest idea about fitting, etc.

The original OEM Imprezas (1993+) came with manual windows (if not upgraded to power windows). I don't know about swapping/etc. But I'm sure they sell manual replace/repair kits in Subaru parts catalogues.

have you tried losing weight yourself? the best street racers are the ones that only way 80 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr

you have no reaon to flip out.

its a public forum. we all have our opinions on things reguardless if you wanted to hear them or not. we simply started its a stupid idea and then we have other suggestions to what may be a better way to shed a few lbs.

not my fault you want to take some critisizm and help the wrong way

I Support ClubWRX
    OOO DIPPPP!

+1 on trunk stuff, like spare tire, jack, ect. the rear seats dont even weigh enough to make a difference. and it looks so horrible with out them in
    I'd agree to keep the actual rear seats, but the sound deading/brakets underneath can go.

you have no reaon to flip out.

its a public forum. we all have our opinions on things reguardless if you wanted to hear them or not. we simply started its a stupid idea and then we have other suggestions to what may be a better way to shed a few lbs.

not my fault you want to take some critisizm and help the wrong way
    that also means i can flip out. which i wasnt.

thank you speedette!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.