Carbon Fiber Center Console -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Carbon Fiber Center Console - within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was at HIN on Saturday in Orlando and saw a car sponsored by Circuit City - It was a ...

Carbon Fiber Center Console -

I was at HIN on Saturday in Orlando and saw a car sponsored by Circuit City - It was a green 02/03 WRX with a complete CF center console - The piece that opens with the button and the cup holder and all up to the piece that surrounds the shift boot.

Here's a pic -

So I'm wondering if anyone has seen these or if this is a completely custom deal....

I'm considering making a mold and selling the piece if there's a market. Anyone have any info on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If they were paying attention, they would've made the weave on the console lid line up with the rest...

that looks good (minus the not matching weave as stated above).
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I'm not sure if Maddad's kit replaces all of the junk like the one you saw did, but I heard from NASIOC that this set is very worth it if you're into cf...
    http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...&cat=15&page=1
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Yeah there set does look pretty nice - I'm eager to see if it also covers the armrest or compartment lid as well.....

dito...

No B/S I was thinking about this shyt all last weekend, but I want the whole thing CF. When I installed my TT I had to take off my entire center console & I figures that carbon creations or someone could make a mold & if it came out OK make more than one & see if there were any takers? Shouldn't cost more than a CF trunk... definately not more than a hood.

Yeah - I already spoke to Carbon Creations and Carbon by Design and a mold for this would cost THOUSANDS.

That's not to mention the cost of actually producing the piece. You'd have to sell several kits to cover just the cost of the mold so I think it may be a long shot.

I think I'm just gonna go with the Mad Dad setup myself!

Dam*..... that sucks!!! I might just spray paing mine dark red & just get the CF armrest? Might turn out cool??

Or what you can do is send you stock parts to one of those companies and have them do a carbon fiber overlay - but that can be expensive as well.

I'd say the best bet still is the Mad Dad kit...

I've still been looking & I found 2 places that might be able to do the CF center console, but I'm trying to get a decent price quote from both of them. One want's to make a mold & go from there & the other guy does "CF wraps", but it still looks sick as hell. If I get some decent price quotes I'll post it up on the forums.

The reason he want to make moulds is so he can keep producing them after yours... Ebay...

I know & that's why I wouldn't mind if he used my center console as a mold. I want the whole thing, not just the top overlay; but it would probably be just as cool?!?

I painted mine red and have had no problems and I think it looks great, did the center around the radio, the dash vents and the the pieces around the door switches and the door handles
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00
    I painted mine red and have had no problems and I think it looks great, did the center around the radio, the dash vents and the the pieces around the door switches and the door handles

cool.... got pic.s & did you sand it down first or paint it w/ primer?

I just got some CF interior parts this week ( the radio piece & door switches), it should look cool. I plan to set those diamond plated floor mats so when I get some red LED lights near the gas petal it should look cool or gay...lol! If my girl think's it's cheesy then I'll take them out!

try www.fibercation.com

looks like they have some good products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast