Stereo Nub

This is a discussion on Stereo Nub within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey so I have an 06 TR and I am wanting to replace my deck because mainly it doesn't play ...

pwn

Stereo Nub

Hey so I have an 06 TR and I am wanting to replace my deck because mainly it doesn't play MP3's and doesn't have the aux in as you all know. Can someone recommend me a good deck that doesnt require me running wires to a battery etc etc etc? Or is that going to be a must?

I want to use my current speakers which are the upgraded ones, and I am thinking about just getting the amp/sub that the dealer offers to go w/ my speaker system. Audio isnt my strong point. Should I go with an aftermarket amp/sub? Will that inevitably require me to run wiring to the battery? Thanks guys.

Ah wait one more thing. In another thread I read about having to get a wiring hardness to install a different deck. I know what is sounds like from the name, but what is it specificly and how does it help me / why do I need one? Sorry for being such a nub . Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No head unit should require you to run wires to your battery. Get a wiring harness from your local Stereo shop and any head unit will be a plug and play application. If your interested in getting subwoofers, it would be best to have a professional do your installation.
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Quote Originally Posted by wRxOne
    No head unit should require you to run wires to your battery. Get a wiring harness from your local Stereo shop and any head unit will be a plug and play application. If your interested in getting subwoofers, it would be best to have a professional do your installation.
    +1

And professional does not equal Best Buy/Suckit City employee. If you want to buy your equipment there, fine, just don't let those guys install it. Take it to a real audio shop and get it done right.