Red Gagues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Red Gagues within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I painted my instrument cluster bulbs red, and the needles, when I painted the needles I did remove them from ...

Question Red Gagues

I painted my instrument cluster bulbs red, and the needles, when I painted the needles I did remove them from the panel. I put them back in place. I the gauges look WICKED! But, now my gauges are working properly, they stick, and jump. Has any one tried this? I could use some help as to what to do. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Most people I've heard about that had sticky needles had pushed them in too far. Try pulling them out a little and see if that helps

yeah definately pull them out but dont pull them out too much,when i did that i had to recalabrate my gas and temp gauge....because they were wayyyy off

I'll definitely try that. I was also thinking that maybe they need to be calibrated. The speedo seem to fast, and when I go abpve 80 it sticks and jumps to 100 and 110. I don't believe that's my actual speed. The tact jumps around from 5000 rpm to redline.

What kind of paint did you use on the lights? I'm using leds in mine now, but would like to see how the lights look painted blue. Dunno what paint to use though.

Could anyone post pics/directions on how to make the guages red. I would also like to know, if you can just change the light bulbs rather than paint them, I want to do this, but I'm a little nervous about taking apart my guage cluster. So any info/suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

As far as whether the speedos are correct or off, do one of your friends have a handhled GPS you can borrow to check against?
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

I wanted to do this too- but I'm going to wait. The new Sti- from pix I've seen has a red gauge cluster. After it comes out (assuming it fits), making interior swapps shouldn't be too bad.

OK so I figured out you can just put in new bulbs in the gauge cluster, but upon closer inspection realized that there is a green film so even if I put red bulbs it would still look greenish. Is there a film, or is it just me and my damn eyes? Thanks in advance.

red gauges

yeah,
    2003 Midnight Black WRX sedan
    ____ unwrapped 12/30/02

--- STi Short Shifter
    --- Factory Boost Gauge
    --- Intake Silencer Removed

red gauges

I really want to make my gauges red too, the green color just doesnt match the WRX, stock should have been red....

anyone know how to properly make them red and looking nice as hell??
    ____ unwrapped 12/30/02

--- STi Short Shifter
    --- Factory Boost Gauge

Check HERE, all the information you need.

any places in southern california that would do such a light conversion? If so, how much would it roughly cost?
    ____ unwrapped 12/30/02

--- STi Short Shifter
    --- Factory Boost Gauge

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    Bulb Condoms are hella easy... does anyone have pics of instrument clusters with bulb condoms.
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

Originally posted by Oo DaRk StAr oO
    Bulb Condoms are hella easy... does anyone have pics of instrument clusters with bulb condoms.
    Yeah, I too would love to see this....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.