Glove compartment Gauge pod, but in 60mm?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on Glove compartment Gauge pod, but in 60mm? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html Has anyone heard of something like that but in 60mm? Tried searching but nothing even close came up. Thanks ...

  1. #1
    Registered User LeeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    1,648

    Glove compartment Gauge pod, but in 60mm?

    http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html


    Has anyone heard of something like that but in 60mm?

    Tried searching but nothing even close came up.

    Thanks
    Lee
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

    LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress






  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User BillFromTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    toms river, NJ
    Posts
    855
    glove compartment gauges? Not only do I not see any glove compartment gauges in that link, I think it would be silly to hide your gauges in the glove compartment.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

  4. #3
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    glove compartment gauges? Not only do I not see any glove compartment gauges in that link, I think it would be silly to hide your gauges in the glove compartment.

    Well it would be more discreet, less attention from cops and robbers. It would be pretty hard to look to you glove box while driving though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  5. #4
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Well it would be more discreet, less attention from cops and robbers. It would be pretty hard to look to you glove box while driving though.
    If you think about it, how many times do you really look at your gauges? You only look at your boost gauge when you get a new tune to make sure you are boosting, or if you think you have a leak. In which case you could just open the glove box and have a friend read it.

    The EGT gauge is pretty useless since if you have a good tune it shouldnt be an issue. My EGT has never gone over 720 deg.

    Gauges are more for bling than anything else. A lot of show cars have gauges in the glovebox. Its very clean and makes it easy to hide from cops and robbers.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  6. #5
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    If you think about it, how many times do you really look at your gauges? You only look at your boost gauge when you get a new tune to make sure you are boosting, or if you think you have a leak. In which case you could just open the glove box and have a friend read it.

    The EGT gauge is pretty useless since if you have a good tune it shouldnt be an issue. My EGT has never gone over 720 deg.

    Gauges are more for bling than anything else. A lot of show cars have gauges in the glovebox. Its very clean and makes it easy to hide from cops and robbers.
    Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking, you probably don't need to look at they gauges so much as to warrant placing them on the dash. It definitely would be a cleaner look.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  7. #6
    Registered User BillFromTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    toms river, NJ
    Posts
    855
    But there is no glove compartment gauges in that link. In retrospect, I think he is talking about the center gauge pod that goes where the clock is.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

  8. #7
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Ok guys, i think we need to look a bit harder...

    Go to his link, then look at the navigation bar, it says Gauges/Pods, click that, then look at the bottom right. Unfortunately the site uses Frames and so linking goes rigtht to the main website.


    Autometer Glove Box Gauge Pod: This gauge pod offers an alternate to the typical mounting locations. The Autometer Glove Box Pod holds three 52mm gauges, and also offers mounts for your electronics such as a turbo timer, or boost controller. This setup is great for someone likes that stealthy look, or if you are concerned about theft and don't want to attract unwanted attention.
    GAUGE SIZE: Fits 52mm
    PART #: am20032
    MSRP: $67
    OUR PRICE: $49
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  9. #8
    Registered User LeeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    1,648
    oops, didn't even think about the frames, sorry guys, but yes DOWNxSHIFT that's what I was talking about.

    The reason I am asking is because I don't feel 100% safe having $500+ in defi gauges that I'm ordering + a $300 informeter and an apexi turbo timer laid out on my dash. I would rather have it somewhere like in the glove compartment. In all seriousness that shouldn't be too hard to see, its only a foot or a little more away from a clock position hood pod.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

    LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •