My new eclipse nav with DIY ipod hookup

This is a discussion on My new eclipse nav with DIY ipod hookup within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; installed my eclipse 5435 nav system last week. i grounded the parking break wire so the unit always thought that ...

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar

My new eclipse nav with DIY ipod hookup

installed my eclipse 5435 nav system last week. i grounded the parking break wire so the unit always thought that the break is up, and i put the speed sensor lead on a switch so i could cut out the data to trick the unit into thinking i'm stopped if i want to change something on the go or let my passengers watch a movie.
    using the phono out plugs (yellow red white) i wired up a 1/8"th jack for hooking up ipods and the sort, and three phono jacks for a video source such as a videocamera or something else temporary. to mount them, i just drilled into the factory option pop out modules. this way, if i want to resort to stock i can just replace the pop-outs and there is no drilling in my dash.i also split the video input and installed phono jacks under the dash for a more permanent installation if i add a video source down the road. below are pictures of the result. i'm putting my JDM HIDs in next week, pictures to come.

the nav

the 1/8th plug

the RCA inputs
    Last edited by flyingpertyhigh; 07-02-2006 at 02:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks awesome!

You did a very thorough job, very clean.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.