Sti Gauge cluster on wrx problems

This is a discussion on Sti Gauge cluster on wrx problems within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone done this mod yet? my intaller ran into problems today doing it? i though it was a plug ...

Sti Gauge cluster on wrx problems

Has anyone done this mod yet? my intaller ran into problems today doing it? i though it was a plug and play situation but been told i need a new sti harness which is like alot of $$$$ i thought it was an easy job but i guess not !! anyone advise or help will be appreciated
    Last edited by BlueCamel; 06-26-2006 at 02:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A MY04 STi cluster should plug into a MY02-MY04 WRX with no problems. MY05+ STi clusters will not work on MY02-MY04 WRXs.

it is a 04 sti on, the intaller said that it plugged but not fully and well but then different alrams where going off

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    it is a 04 sti on, the intaller said that it plugged but not fully and well but then different alrams where going off

i have an 02 with 04sti cluster, you have to splice a wire..

check nasioc or iclub for directions
    TDCTUNED 290WHP@255TQ RA Gears & 2nd Motor"SOLD"
    2007 Legacy GT TDC tuned stage 2

looked alot around will look again, if you have it please let me

If you put that in, do you get the "shift beep"? I'm suprised they didnt do that with the regular wrx.

shift light works its just said that it pluged but different alrams going off

I've successfully installed an 05 Sti cluster into my 04. It's very easy, easier than I first though. On the green plug above the temp/gas gauge, you will see the plug has 3 small "tabs." Two on the top, and one on the bottom. Use a razor blade, and slice off the one tab on top that keeps it from sliding in and plugging tightly. Don't worry about it being loose, the clip is what holds it in. Second, on the plug above the speedometer gauge, from the wiring harness coming from the car, simply cut the orange/white wire, this is the dimming wire. Don't worry about this one either, this doesn't affect the Sti gauges either way. Heatshrink the ends of the spliced wire, and you're done. Plug them all in, install it the same way you took it out, turn the ignition on, and watch those needles calibrate....you won't get tired of it either.

-nick