06 WRX Tr Speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 WRX Tr Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm about to order speakers for my 2006 wrx tr. I have looked at crutchfield, and have decided to go ...

06 WRX Tr Speakers

I'm about to order speakers for my 2006 wrx tr. I have looked at crutchfield, and have decided to go with shallow 6.5" speakers in the front. However, I did a search and it looks like people are putting 5.25" 's in the rear. I'm pretty sure the stock rear size on the TR is a 4" and crutchfield has it listed as a 4" also. When I spoke with a rep. about getting larger speakers (5.25s) in the rear, he said they didn't have mounting brackets for them. Could I just ask that they provide me with the front door mounting brackets for 5.25"s and use them on the rear door. Anyone who has done a TR setup, your help is more than welcome!
    -Dan
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Speakers

Hey,

The same holds true with 2002 WRX on up. The rear speakers are 4" but they are in a plastic size reducer type shim. I believe you can remove the mounting bracket and just stick a 5.25" speker right in. you may have to drill holes to bolt in to, but that wouldnt be a big chore. I am currently modifying the interior of my WRX to the following and I will let you know how i conquor the back doors. I am fabricating mounting brackets for the rear windshield where I am going to place a set of 6.5" component speakers, there will be a set of 5.25" speakers in the back doors, and then another set of 6.25" components in the front doors. If you'd like, I will let you know how it all goes. Best of luck to you!

i'm going to order speakers from crutchfield, and i know they include brackets for the front doors for the 6.25" so i'm not worried about that....but the back doors i can just drill some holes and put the 5.25"s in?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I believe that would be do-able. Pop off your door pannel and measure the diarmeter of the speaker hole, it may all go together without drilling. Best of luck withy our system. I ave been dealing with a gentelman who does business under the user ID of xsounds on ebay. A very nice, honest individual, excellent prices on speakers, check him out too before you order off crutchfield. If you come need amps, let me know, i sell amps equal to the high end Alpine's in signal clean-ness, and for a fraction of the price. Again, best wishes!

Later,
    ryan

06 TR speaker sizes

Just replaced my stock speakers with Infinity 6.5 in the front 5.25 in the rear. Huge improvement.

...this thread is dead .... but for what it's worth... I had 6 1/2 in Boston Acoustic Ralley Series Components installed in all 4 doors...the stereo installers said they "custom" fit/cut the rears into the doors fairly easily...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.