New sound system for my rex

This is a discussion on New sound system for my rex within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im installing my new system on Friday and have a few questions... I bought and installed a new head unit, ...

New sound system for my rex

Im installing my new system on Friday and have a few questions...

I bought and installed a new head unit, Its a Pioneer Double Din receiver with XM!!!. (I was going to use my Stock head unit but my Best Good Friend F****ng didn't know how to load my cd's properly.)
    So I have my Rca's and remote ran already. Tomorrow im installing My Amp, PPI PC 1400 4 gauge all the way to the trunk. Then my JL 10w7 is coming in the mail on Friday!! woo!!

so having this system installed im gonna have 600-700watts bridged into a 3 ohm load. (yes the speaker is a 3 ohm) Will my Stock alternator be able to charge my battery correctly or will i have to install a more powerful alternator.. I know a 1-2 farad cap will be necessary. The last system I installed was when solobaric's were Round =) Hehe yeah that's a long time. Please give my some horror stories or happy ones ill take either... but don't make them up!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.

Originally posted by Sprocket
    LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.
    Dude.... I went into my local sound shop and compared
    (4 L7 solobarics 12") to ( 1 JL 10w7 ) I was floored!!
    The weight on that 10w7 is 45lbs just for the speaker.
    I think you can pick up Solobarics for like $149-$200 each...
    This JL 10w7 is like $500 each.. I know its a lot of money but I have never heard a 10" speaker hit so Hard and Tight.
    (That didnít sound too good )
    only 1.25-1.375 cu ft of airspace is required so you can still have a trunk.
    check out these pics

I hope this works =)
    Last edited by Biaxin; 12-03-2002 at 08:22 AM.