New sound system for my rex
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New sound system for my rex within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im installing my new system on Friday and have a few questions... I bought and installed a new head unit, ...

New sound system for my rex

Im installing my new system on Friday and have a few questions...

I bought and installed a new head unit, Its a Pioneer Double Din receiver with XM!!!. (I was going to use my Stock head unit but my Best Good Friend F****ng didn't know how to load my cd's properly.)
    So I have my Rca's and remote ran already. Tomorrow im installing My Amp, PPI PC 1400 4 gauge all the way to the trunk. Then my JL 10w7 is coming in the mail on Friday!! woo!!

so having this system installed im gonna have 600-700watts bridged into a 3 ohm load. (yes the speaker is a 3 ohm) Will my Stock alternator be able to charge my battery correctly or will i have to install a more powerful alternator.. I know a 1-2 farad cap will be necessary. The last system I installed was when solobaric's were Round =) Hehe yeah that's a long time. Please give my some horror stories or happy ones ill take either... but don't make them up!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.

Originally posted by Sprocket
    LOL alittle off topic but I was curious of what you thought about the new solos, I haven't heard any reviews of them yet.
    Dude.... I went into my local sound shop and compared
    (4 L7 solobarics 12") to ( 1 JL 10w7 ) I was floored!!
    The weight on that 10w7 is 45lbs just for the speaker.
    I think you can pick up Solobarics for like $149-$200 each...
    This JL 10w7 is like $500 each.. I know its a lot of money but I have never heard a 10" speaker hit so Hard and Tight.
    (That didnít sound too good )
    only 1.25-1.375 cu ft of airspace is required so you can still have a trunk.
    check out these pics

I hope this works =)
    Last edited by Biaxin; 12-03-2002 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.