Oil Pressure Sender

This is a discussion on Oil Pressure Sender within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i recently purchased a 1/8" npt oil pressure sender, and i heard that the ej20 block oil galley plug is ...

Oil Pressure Sender

i recently purchased a 1/8" npt oil pressure sender, and i heard that the ej20 block oil galley plug is 1/8" bspt... any thoughts on what i could do?

thanks,
    ryan
    07 white STi in CT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

find the adapter. & btw ..good luck w/ that. i had to do the same thing. it took me a lil while to find it but i found it. i think i paid $6 for it. so if you find it its not that $$. the effects of boost!
    late
    brad

thanks alot. the search will be long and hard, but i hope i find it soon.
    07 white STi in CT

Im trying to install the oil press sender as well, after some searching I found a thread on putting the sendor under the intercooler on the engine block, I also think you can put the sender under the alternator.

Cool

those are the two galley plug locations. i have an oil pressure & temp gauge as well. im runnin my pressure off the back galley plug(under ic) & using a sandwich adapter for the temp(pegasusracing.com-$30 for the kit). but you can use both. but i figured it would be best to do it that way. the effects of boost!
    late
    brad

autometer sells one I believe...I can't remember the part number but it was way cheap...unfortunately my oil pressure gauge stopped working...

I used this part from JSC speed - 9 bucks well spent imo. It replaces the oil galley plug under the IC and allows for a 1/8" npt fitting/sender to be installed. That's what I did, but you will need an 18mm (If I remember right) offset box end wrench or crows foot to tighten it fully. The setup works great. Here's a link:

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html

Go to gauges/gauge pods, then click on fittings, etc. (there's a pic of the sandwich adapter). You'll see it at the top.
    Last edited by EJRex; 06-24-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

Auto meter sells an adapter it is 1/8 male BSPT to 1/8 female NPT that is the adapter you need. I believe it is part number 2269. If you get it, it will probably be like $9 from a napa store but when u go to install it in the galley plug it will feel like it does not fit at first just make sure your threads are lined up and put some force on it, it will go. Good luck

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lvfc_rook_1503
    Auto meter sells an adapter it is 1/8 male BSPT to 1/8 female NPT that is the adapter you need. I believe it is part number 2269. If you get it, it will probably be like $9 from a napa store but when u go to install it in the galley plug it will feel like it does not fit at first just make sure your threads are lined up and put some force on it, it will go. Good luck

P.S. dont forget.....DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF THREAD TAPE!!!! your sending units ground them selves out on the block of the car so tape could hurt that. use some thread locker and be on your way