Autometer triple gauge pod...thoughts?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Autometer triple gauge pod...thoughts? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone, just looking for feedback on Autometer's triple gauge pod that replaces the clock. I'll be having an up-pipe ...

Autometer triple gauge pod...thoughts?

Hi everyone, just looking for feedback on Autometer's triple gauge pod that replaces the clock. I'll be having an up-pipe installed this summer and I'd like to do the gauges at the same time (egt, boost and oil pressure). I saw the pod installed on a wrx and I really liked the way it looked. What are the pro's and con's of this pod? Anyone got pics?

Oh yeah, as far as the oil pressure gauge, should I get one from 0-100psi, 0-150psi or 0-200psi?

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the autometer pod. The pod is nice because it fits nicely and is affordable.The only thing I hate about this pod is that at night you will see the reflection of your lit gauges in the windshield. If you get a defi or ati pod you will not see the reflection because they have visors that come out over the gauges. Overall the autometer pod is a nice affordable piece. 0-100 PSI should be fine for the oil pressure, but I am not positive on that. I haven't picked up my oil pressure gauge or my egt gauge yet, I currently only have boost.

Yeah, thanks 06-wrx, I didn't consider the reflection. Hmmmmm
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

How is it going to work with the airbag indicator on the 06? i heared if you disconnect the clock the airbag light remains illuminated on the instrument cluster.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX LTD M/T 2.5L Turbo
    Crystal Gray Metallic (exterior)/Anthracite Black (interior)
    SPT Intake w/Heatshield
    SPT Exhaust
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    Alpine CDA-9857 Stereo w/XM SAT Radio & iPod Connections
    JL Audio w3 Sealed Subwoofer Box w/JL Audio 250/1 Monoblock Amp
    Garmin c330 StreetPilot GPS

Tickets ...Northern VA cops suck!
    JUN '06 - Speeding Warning, 76 in a 55 (VA) cruise control was set at 70
    AUG '06 - Window Tint (VA) 4:30am on the interstate

I just kept the clock connected and left it in the dash under the pod.

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    I just kept the clock connected and left it in the dash under the pod.
    How did you run the wires for the gauges by the clock into the dash then. Just drill a hole? Curious because I plan on doing something similar. Thanks.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX LTD M/T 2.5L Turbo
    Crystal Gray Metallic (exterior)/Anthracite Black (interior)
    SPT Intake w/Heatshield
    SPT Exhaust
    STI Short Throw Shifter
    Alpine CDA-9857 Stereo w/XM SAT Radio & iPod Connections
    JL Audio w3 Sealed Subwoofer Box w/JL Audio 250/1 Monoblock Amp
    Garmin c330 StreetPilot GPS

Tickets ...Northern VA cops suck!
    JUN '06 - Speeding Warning, 76 in a 55 (VA) cruise control was set at 70
    AUG '06 - Window Tint (VA) 4:30am on the interstate

The clock unscrews from the dash trim piece and then you can just keep the clock part inside of the hole in the dashboard and the gauge pod covers it up. I just ran the wires from the engine compartment to underneath the dash and then snaked the wires up through the dash.

Heres a full instruction guide on how to do it A/F meter, Oil Pressure, and boost guage.... INSTALL GUIDE notice where it sits. My friend is doing the same exact thing on his 06` in like 2 weeks.http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612 < This is more info for the oil pressure guage, which seems to be the most difficult to install.
    nuttn' says stock like the sweet sound of a bov!

Quote Originally Posted by BooSted_Out
    :[/url] notice where it sits. My friend is doing the same exact thing on his 06` in like 2 weeks.http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612 < This is more info for the oil pressure guage, which seems to be the most difficult to install.
    Do you think the oil pressure gauge is worth it to install? If not, what gauge would you suggest to be most beneficial?

TIA!!!

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

I would go with oil pressure, boost, and EGT gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos
    Do you think the oil pressure gauge is worth it to install? If not, what gauge would you suggest to be most beneficial?

TIA!!!
    Yes, and oil pressure gauge is definately a worthy install. It will tell you if something is wrong way before your oil "idiot" light goes on.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos
    ...Autometer's triple gauge pod that replaces the clock...
    Hey...where did/will you buy that?!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.