Roll Cages
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Roll Cages within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 06' STi and was looking at a four point bolt in cage for track use (just track ...

Roll Cages

I have an 06' STi and was looking at a four point bolt in cage for track use (just track days, autocross...) but I still want to keep the functionality of the rear seat. i.e. If I get into a wreck on the street, and someone is back there, I don't want them to lose they're head on that harness bar section... Also, to install it, do I have the cut the side of the seats or anything?

Here is the cage that I'm looking at:
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...ar-p-1775.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your car must be fast because I know here in the Jersey tracks your only required to have a roll cage if you are running 11's or lower.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I do a lot of track days/autocross. Isn't mandatory, but I'd feel safer doing 145 with a cage... thats just me though...

what you linked too isnt a roll cage. its nothing more than a harness bar. sometimes putting things in like that will make your car more dangerous and work the opposite. You need to search and talk to people who are seriously into competition racing and know about welding/strengths, cage design, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GPJamesMVT
    I have an 06' STi and was looking at a four point bolt in cage for track use (just track days, autocross...) but I still want to keep the functionality of the rear seat. i.e. If I get into a wreck on the street, and someone is back there, I don't want them to lose they're head on that harness bar section... Also, to install it, do I have the cut the side of the seats or anything?

Here is the cage that I'm looking at:
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...ar-p-1775.html
    Contact your sanctioning body and see if they accept the design. They'll have the final word on it anyway so you may as well ask before bothering with installing it.

You will probably have to trim stuff at the bolting points and do some creative dentistry, but usually the seats are fine. It's the plastics and carpet that suffer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

vividracing has the same cage for 100 bux less just in case anyone else decides to buy this
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

Well, it's a bit more than a harness bar... but it's not a cage either. Simply a roll bar. Like was said before, check with your sactioning bodies reqirements, and make sure it's okay... if so, this will help in a rollover, but not a whole lot else. As for being able to use your rear seats with no problem... I'm not sure about that. unless they have another model for 4drs. this will most likely block the door.
    -Robert R.
    Touge Speed...

oh SNAP son!

What are the mounting points of this case?

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    What are the mounting points of this case?
    here are some pics in a wrx http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...9aa39f6c4bd555
    it appears that it bolts to the floor and somewhere near the edges of where the seats go...i dont remember any bolts on the floor or on the seatback though.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

if anyones still subscribed I will be putting mine in on thanksgiving weekend, so you can ask questions after
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.